Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Toby@Martin-O2is there anything that can be done about this? @Anonymous is still waiting for their Note 7 to be picked up by O2, months after the recall. This beggars belief really..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1861 of 1,893

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mention @Cleoriff @Anonymous I'll send you a private message so we can find out whats going on and get your handset collected. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1862 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks @Cleoriff, will pop you a message @Martin-O2
Message 1863 of 1,893

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks @Anonymous I've replied so get back to me when you have a minute. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1864 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

The mentalness of o2 continues!! I have received a reply to my complaint.

"i can see from the orders on your account for both the original Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and the replacement

that we have received both phones back and you’ve since upgraded to the iPhone 7 Plus. I apologise for the

poor level of customer service you’ve received in relation to the return of this phone and I can see that a credit

was applied for the inconvenience this has caused. As all the necessary actions have been taken I’m

unable to uphold your complaint."

NO NO NO NO. I STILL HAVE THE NOTE 7! Why can't they understand this?!?!

Message 1865 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Beggars belief!!  Did you ever actually get the iPhone 7 @Anonymous? Anyway dropping a PM to @Martin-O2 our community manager should get this sorted for you.....

More info
Hopefully! wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1866 of 1,893

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Blithering buffoons !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1867 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff i did get the Iphone 7 through after I rang up ranting and raving, they said they would send out the Iphone 7 and then arrange pick up for the Note 7... it's funny that they think they have the Note 7, I might take pictures with the Note 7 in different places and send it to them to prove I still have it! Haha

Message 1868 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
You are being too kind @MI5.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1869 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 122381 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Cleoriff i did get the Iphone 7 through after I rang up ranting and raving, they said they would send out the Iphone 7 and then arrange pick up for the Note 7... it's funny that they think they have the Note 7, I might take pictures with the Note 7 in different places and send it to them to prove I still have it! Haha

Good idea @Anonymous I bit like Note 7 Pokemon....LOL.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1870 of 1,893