Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

This was the week starting the 12th so they shouldnt of been on limited staff I understand this week would be difficult as we have a call centre in the building where I work and that is on limited staff right now.

Ah apologies. I didn't realise it was so far back. No excuse anyway, UK mail really are a very poor company...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1821 of 1,893

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Limited staff is a poor excuse at any time tbh.
If you run a company that revolves 100% around customers there should be enough customer service agents to meet demand promptly at all times.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1822 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Nothing makes me more angry than waiting for a promised call back that never happens. O2, and it would seem UK Mail, are truly awful in this aspect of customer service.

Message 1823 of 1,893

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
From the comments posted on this forum @jonsie customer service and UK Mail don't seem go together at all. If it was me I would be screaming at them at this point. FGS the recall was back in September and we're nearly in January 2017. How long does it take to call and arrange a collection.

o2 need to give UK Mail a kick to get them doing the job they are supposedly paid to do and do it yesterday!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1824 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable
It might of been a better service if the UK Mail recall number had actually gone through to a person but it is a mail box that for the first couple of weeks of trying to call it was full.
Message 1825 of 1,893

Glassbeard
  • 72 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Interesting to see this thread still going and people still frustrated!

From my point of view I've almost given up on UKMail ever arranging to collect the device (having failed once to turn up and then never getting in touch even after that)

So my Note is sitting on a shelf at home taking up space!

I only remembered it because Samsung are going to release the results of their investigation in a couple of weeks and it will be interesting to see what the actual risk is.

Unlike other people though, I have had all my refunds and still have posession of the phone, not that I can do anything with it, but I'm thinking at this stage unless @Toby gives someone a kick up the backside that I might as well mount the thing in a frame as a testament to modern capatalist culture.

Message 1826 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Glassbeard,

Sorry to hear that you're still waiting! I'll see if there is anything we can do. If you get in contact with UK Mail, do let me know.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1827 of 1,893

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Wait, what.
You still have a note 7? And you've been refunded...

Message 1828 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 92912 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Glassbeard,

Quick update, we are chasing this up for you now. I'll PM you when I have any news. However, if you're contacted before then, let me know please if you can.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1830 of 1,893