Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note7 - Update from O2

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

27th February 2017 Update

Hi Everyone. This week we will be posting letters out to any customers who have not yet made arrangements with us to return their Samsung Note7 devices. If for any reason you misplace or do not receive it for whatever reason, here's a copy:

We’ll soon block the Note7 from our network. It’s important that you get in touch today and we’ll get you back on track with a new device.

We’ll make switching to a different device simple, and give you £100 off the upfront cost. Or, if you prefer, we’ll cancel your Airtime Plan. Either way, we’ll cancel and refund your Device Plan.

Is your Samsung Note7 insured with us? We’ll also cancel your policy and refund your premium.

Simply back up your Note7, turn it off and call our hotline 0344 809 0202 or 202 free from an O2 mobile. Need a hand backing it up? Chat to an O2 Guru online.

For more details, visit http://o2.uk/Note7Update.

If you’ve already called us, please ignore this letter.

30th January 2017 Update

Hello everyone,

Samsung have notified us of their plans to release a new mandatory software update that will limit Note 7 devices to a 0% charge, effectively eliminating its ability to function as a mobile device. This software update is expected to be pushed out tomorrow, 31st January, so if you are still using this device (which we don't recommend for your safety) please take any necessary steps to back up any important data while you can.

Why are you doing this?
To be transparent and clear, this is Samsung’s decision and is European-wide. This is a further step in Samsung looking to retrieve as many devices as possible so as to ensure customer safety.

I'm still using my Note 7 - what now?
Once your device downloads the mandatory update it will cease to charge. We understand the inconvenience this may cause and we want to make transitioning to another device as easy as possible. If you are affected by this, please contact us as soon as is convenient on 0344 809 0202. We will also be in touch in the coming days by email and letter with more details, including how to change to another device and return your Note 7 to us if not yet done so.

I've already returned my Note 7 - what does this mean to me?
If you've already returned your Note 7 to us, there's nothing further you need to do. If you're in this position, we anticipate you'll already have switched to an alternative device. If this isn’t the case though, we’d recommend you speak to us as soon as you’re able to on 0344 809 0202.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 1,893
1,892 REPLIES 1,892

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, quick question to the people who recieved a refund for your line rental during the Note 7 fiasco, did you get your phone from Carphone Warehouse or directly from O2? - thank you

Message 1731 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, I just called O2 about my refund that I have not received and they said as it was requested at the 20th October it was longer than 30 days so we don't store your card details so can I take them now.  Can you believe it, this is the third time of me chasing my refund and no bright-spark at O2 thought they'd call me as they didn't have my card details! Although they didn't say that the previous 2 times. 

The joke continues.

Message 1732 of 1,893

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93986 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 1733 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, sorry to hear that. If you continue to have issues after your latest chat with us, do come and let me know via PM and we can see if it can be sorted out.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1734 of 1,893

Anonymous
Not applicable

The most frustrating experience ever in getting my money back and I still do not have the money in my account. I made two payments one of 119.99 in 02store when i got the phone on preorder and another one of 648 when i closed the account. When I returned the phone I called up and was first told they could find only the 648 which would first be credited to my account and i would have to call up to get it credited to my credit card which i paid by. They could not find the second amount of 119.99 and I was told i need to go to the store. I did go to store I was told by the store i need to speak to the call centre again. When i called the call centre again they found the amount. Now I called up after two days to check if 648 was moved to my account even though with every call I was promised I would get a call back and I did not. Now my credit card details were taken for 648. Was told I would get the amount in 5 days This was on the 18th of october. after 4 days I get an email from the refunds team saying they are missing my credit card details so they cannot refund the amount. so I called back again on 26th since I also needed to chase back for the 119.99 . Again my credit card details were taken even though I had already given them again I'm promised I would have the money in 5 days. Today is the 8th obviously I have no money. I call up again the first person says there is no refund form filled up for you. So fills a form for me again with my bank account. After repeating to  him I paid by credit card. anyways he fills a form for me he still cannot find the 119.99 again. So now status is 648 suppose to be transfered to my bank account and 119.99 missing. I'm still not convince so i call up the dedicated number again and explain the situtation again. Now the agent says to me oh it wont work that way the money has to go back to the card you paid with. Thats for 648 takes my details again. And the 119.99 guess what she says to me that i need to go back to store(at this moment i'm not sure if i should start crying or laughing) anyways i repeat myself for the nth time then supposedely she finds the 119.99 and says she is will put it back to same credit card. She now says it will take another 5 days. I ask her Can I have a confrimation the process is started but she says its just on the account I wont be able to see it. I will need to call up again 😞 . do I have any confidence I will get my money in the next 5 days no :(. The whole situation is a utter joke. How can 02 treat it customers this way. More than 700 pounds is not a small amount. And the customers should not be chasing for the money to be refunded for a service 02 hasnt provided. I'm truly disappointed even though I have been with 02 for 6 years but I will be moving to a different provider after this awful experience. All I needed was some honestly and transparency is dealing with the issues. If the refund is going to take time be clear about it do not lie that it is on the way and I need to keep calling up to find out what is going on. Have the decency to call up your customers and inform them.

Message 1735 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 93986 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I can't believe the Note7 is still an issue and causing problems to the poor customer . They care? A big no no!

Message 1736 of 1,893

Cleoriff
  • 125986 Posts
  • 831 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Maybe @Toby our Head of Community can look into this for you @Anonymous > I have tagged him in this post...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1737 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 93986 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Maybe @Toby our Head of Community can look into this for you @Anonymous > I have tagged him in this post...

That puts an awful lot of pressure on our fearless leader....

Message 1738 of 1,893

jonsie
  • 93986 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 1739 of 1,893

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, please feel free to send me a PM and we will see what can be done to sort this out for you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1740 of 1,893