Did you mean: 

Review and win an O2 Pocket Hotspot

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Wish you had one of our Pocket Hotspots in your pocket? Well, your wish can come true…

Always wanted to write a techie review? Love winning stuff? Here’s a fantastic opportunity, just for you Community members to review & maybe even go on to win an O2 Pocket Hotspot. We’ve got our hands on a bunch of Pocket Hotspots that we’d like you to review. All you have to do is, tell us why you’d like to review the small yet powerful gizmo and how can it change your day-to-day life?

As we've said, the competition is open to all members of the O2 Community and will close at 8PM on Friday 10th August 2012. We’ll then select three lucky people who’ll then review our gadget for a week. Once the three reviews have been completed, they’ll be posted in the O2 Community, in their own words, and share the experiences with our amazing little gizmo. And out of those three, the community member with the best review will win an O2 Pocket Hotspot.

Any Q’s let me know and if you’re all clear then, go go go – all the best folks!

pockethotspot.png

Thanks

Abs

NOTE: The competition has been extended so more community members can participate. The closure will be at 8PM on 10th of August slight_smile

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you apply for this competiton?

Message 61 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I currently have one of the very first dongles that came out, which I still frequently use to connect my laptop when out and about.  I would love the chance to experience and review this latest version with wifi capability. 

It will be good to compare speeds with my old device, especially as the Pocket Hotspot is 3G900 enabled, like the masts in my area.  It will also be good to comment on performance when multiple devices are connected to it - particularly in terms of speed, battery life etc.

As someone who is always online, I will be able to put it through its paces for you!

Message 62 of 109

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you apply for this competiton?

Pretty much as explained here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Review-and-win-an-O2-Pocket-Hotspot/td-p/264664

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 63 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to review the o2 Hotspot because quite often when am out and about have trouble using some internet apps etc on my device and find that can be quite slow so would like to try this to see if it improves any, also have an ipod touch so when am not near a free wifi its not much good!
Message 64 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would love to review the new o2 personal hotspot as I've always wanted to share my passion for technology and give an honest opinion to users about new gadgets.  To date I have not had the chance to do so in print, so please o2 - fix it for me.

Seriously though, there are many users out there that are lost in the sea of technology, jargon and technical myth from the bloke down the pub.  By reviewing this device, I can help to give users a more informed outlook on data connectivity solutions (inparticular this personal hotspot device) and be able to compare it with my previous experience with data tethering from smart phones to PDA/PC's and currently - iPhone tethering.

Thanks,

Dave

Message 65 of 109

bluescreener
  • 81 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I have recently purchased a Google Nexus 7. Adding a Pocket Hotspot would provide the perfect means of providing the missing 3G connectivity and Jelly Bean experience on the go.

At the trailing edge of technology.
Message 66 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would certainly enjoy this role as I believe it would benefit those who do don't have Internet on their tariff. Also, it would also be cheaper for PAY&GO and those on contract in the long run as they would not go over any data usage allowance. This will not only reduce problems for all 02 customers, yet it will enable more customers to stay with 02 as they will benefit from a reliable hotspot and will not be tempted by any offers from other networks. Therefore, 02 will be unique and would gain more popularity as no other network has provided such a tantalising gizmo.

Message 67 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

i would lov to have ago at reviewing this device being of some what middle age and see how it would help me day to day

Message 68 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable
LOL! The invite message said "Only a few people participating" and 7 pages on I think I can calculate my odds at over 100-1! Anyway, I think I'd be a great reviewer for the new pocket hotspot. Always on the move with work travelling up and down the country. In particular as Travelodge charge a fortune for an hours worth of WiFi I would particularly find it useful in the many boring Travelodge hotels I have to stay in, trying to play online games by placing my laptop out the window to pickup the nearest free Cloud WiFi hotspot is a dangerous past time! Not to mention if you're more than 2 floors up you can't get any of the outside Hotspots! How could I be deprived of that small luxury!!! Good Luck everyone!
Message 69 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would sooooo love to win this amazing litle gadgette. Do loads and loads of travelling and it would ease the pain I have when travelling.

So come on O2 PICK ME !!! slight_smile

Message 70 of 109