Did you mean: 

Review and win an O2 Pocket Hotspot

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Wish you had one of our Pocket Hotspots in your pocket? Well, your wish can come true…

Always wanted to write a techie review? Love winning stuff? Here’s a fantastic opportunity, just for you Community members to review & maybe even go on to win an O2 Pocket Hotspot. We’ve got our hands on a bunch of Pocket Hotspots that we’d like you to review. All you have to do is, tell us why you’d like to review the small yet powerful gizmo and how can it change your day-to-day life?

As we've said, the competition is open to all members of the O2 Community and will close at 8PM on Friday 10th August 2012. We’ll then select three lucky people who’ll then review our gadget for a week. Once the three reviews have been completed, they’ll be posted in the O2 Community, in their own words, and share the experiences with our amazing little gizmo. And out of those three, the community member with the best review will win an O2 Pocket Hotspot.

Any Q’s let me know and if you’re all clear then, go go go – all the best folks!

pockethotspot.png

Thanks

Abs

NOTE: The competition has been extended so more community members can participate. The closure will be at 8PM on 10th of August slight_smile

Message 1 of 109
108 REPLIES 108

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Late addition to my travel plans : my son and his fiance are joining me in Thailand later on this year and they are threatening to take me out of my comfort zone of bars and hotels. Seems this will involve visiting some of the nearby islands. As they will both be travelling with ipads I think this will be a great trial and review for the Pocket Hub.

Message 11 of 109

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

but as it is only payg @jonsie it will like other payg dongles not work out of the uk looking at the t&c. (assuming I am reading them correctly as it is a pay up front service)

Backed up here http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/pockethotspot scroll to near the bottom

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd like to review one I have one on three so would be great to test them side by side as I don't find the three one all that great so would love the chance it would be great for trying with my wifi only iPad as a driver I'm on the road a lot all over the country so could try in many places
Message 13 of 109

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93271 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

But the two hour wait at the airport would be a bonus and the internal flight to London with another 2 hour wait. It would get a lot of usage and a fair testing. WSame landing back in the uk.

Message 14 of 109

Zombie_Fried
Level 4: Observant
  • 133 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I would like to give one a try, i think i could put one to good use. Having a few bbq's the coming weeks, think it would be great to share outside with mates, as hardly anyone can reach my home wifi from the garden. 

Message 15 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd love to review the O2 Pocket Hotspot as I currently carry a multitude of devices around with me almost every day and I could see this being a huge benefit to me. The fact that I'm also a shameless geek has nothing to do with ... ahem!

My job means that I travel about a lot and carry quite a lot of tech so being able to connect devices easily to the mobile network (some of which are wifi only) would be great. I've currently got on me:

- a Work Laptop

- Android mobile phone

- Android tablet (wifi only)

- work mobile (no data connection but has wifi)

I think seeing how the Pocket Hotspot helps me in my everyday life would be something really interesting to share in my review!

Message 16 of 109

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

But the two hour wait at the airport would be a bonus and the internal flight to London with another 2 hour wait. It would get a lot of usage and a fair testing. WSame landing back in the uk.

very true. Hope you have a good Holiday

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 17 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just bumping the thread to let you know that Abs has extended the competition to Friday 17:00. Feel free to join in slight_smile

Message 18 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'd love to review one as im always looking for places to use with my iphone without wifi

Message 19 of 109

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like one to test it against the Three Huawei E586 that I already have.

Message 20 of 109