Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Webmail is closing - More info inside

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

If you use an @o2.co.uk email address you were given previously as part of a broadband or mobile phone package, we’re sorry to tell you that this service is soon coming to an end.

Why?
While some people used these free email accounts, the vast majority didn't, and instead have been using popular other email services like Gmail or Outlook (Hotmail) instead. From 7th June 2016, all o2.co.uk email accounts will be closed and you’ll be unable to send or receive emails using your o2.co.uk account from this date.

What about all my emails, attachments and contacts?
We can show you how to transfer your contacts, email addresses and attachments to Gmail and Outlook. Just make sure you move them before your o2.co.uk email account closes on 7th June. Unfortunately, we can’t transfer them to Yahoo! Mail, so you’ll need to set up either a Gmail or Outlook account to move them.

Likewise, if you use your O2 email address as your log-in for any online services, like banking or shopping, you'll need to update those too. Some customers manage their O2 account from their o2.co.uk email address. If you do too, take a look at www.o2.co.uk/myo2 where you can see your balance, check your bill and get the low down on your account any time you like with My O2.

We’ll be in touch again before June 7th, just to remind you of what’s happening. Until then, we hope this won’t cause too much trouble.

Got any questions or concerns?
Please let us know below – we always welcome and appreciate feedback. If you need more help transferring your emails and contacts, feel free to speak to an O2 Guru - Just check out Live Chat here, or pop into one of our shops.

Remember you can find more info on everything mentioned above here on our website

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 212
211 REPLIES 211

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

EEmail were sent out apparently though many people say they received no notification. If that is the case, and don't forget it could have gone into your spam folder, then it's poor on O2. Anyway, the problem is that O2 email is no more and you need to find an alternative and inform all your contacts of your new contact address.

Message 161 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish I had received this message and just not had my account closed this month.

Message 162 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

None of the addresses I have on O2 (for myself and my family) received an email notifying me of any change. I was aware this would happen sometime but had expected I would at least get a notification.

The O2 email address is used for my O2 account too so no excues for not knowing I had an O2 email active (O2 send me the billing email on that!). Not even a text to let me know that I should change my email address as they would not be able to contact me.

What about Sky customers who thought Sky took on the mail system (as we were told). I doubt they received anything either.

Even the shutdown is half hearted. You can still log on to the POP servers and you don't get a rejected mail when you send to an O2 address from another mail provider so the sender doesn't even know to contact the person through another route (the mail just doesn't reach the inbox). Surely they could at least reject the mail so senders are aware the addresses are no longer active and O2 users don't have to go searching around the Internet for clues as to why they can't get their mail and finally stumble across this thread (as others have noted customer services seem unaware of the mail system and thought it moved to Sky).

As a long time O2 customer I'm really surprised and disappointed that this has been allowed to be handled in such a poor way. I've always found O2 to be very helpful in the past.

Message 163 of 212

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Another one for you @Toby...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 164 of 212

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm really surprised and disappointed that this has been allowed to be handled in such a poor way. I've always found O2 to be very helpful in the past.

Not many of the regulars on here are surprised......many of O2's systems are not fit for purpose.

For example a post made on 8 March >>>>>

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/O2-Webmail-is-closing-More-info-inside/m-p/955197#M15158

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 165 of 212

MI5
  • 144900 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27775 Solutions
Surprised, me, never!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 166 of 212

Anonymous
Not applicable

What? I haven't heard about this. This is my main email account! Currently on holiday expecting important emails and I have just realised that I am not receiving any. Will senders know the emails aren't getting through?

Message 167 of 212

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

What? I haven't heard about this. This is my main email account! Currently on holiday expecting important emails and I have just realised that I am not receiving any. Will senders know the emails aren't getting through?

I would imagine they would only know if they get a notice that they couldnt be delivered?....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 168 of 212

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions
Message 169 of 212

Cleoriff
  • 123312 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Most email clients give you a notification if mail can't be delivered.

Yes I get them with Bt internet and Gmail. .....wasn't sure with webmail now though as the systems are 'dead'..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 170 of 212