Did you mean: 

Nougat, coming soon to Samsung S7 & S7 edge

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hi Guys,

As some will have already seen, the Android Nougat update will soon become IS NOW available for Samsung S7 devices that were bought from O2. I wanted to create this official update thread to help keep all discussions in the one place and help others more easily find the information they're looking for.

unnamed.pngsamsung_galaxys7_heroCard_foreground.png

When, Chris, WHEN?!?!
We sent our approved update to Samsung last week and we're expecting the update to go live very soon - hopefully over the next few days. See the 20th Feb update down below!

What can I do to pass the time?
While you're waiting, here's some of the awesome Nougat features & changes you can expect to see on your S7, very soon:
http://news.o2.co.uk/2017/01/27/nougat-coming-soon-samsung-s7/

What next?
Once you've got the update available, be sure to create a backup (better to be safe than sorry!) and then jump right in. Please do let us know how you get on, if you encounter any issues, and what features/changes you like or dislike.

20th February Update

Hello all you Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 edge folks.

Firstly, thanks for everyones patience. We had hoped for this to be available a couple of weeks ago but unfortunately due to some unforeseen delays, our update was pushed back a little. But we're pleased to confirm that as of today the update should now be available.

I'm installing it on my own S7 edge right this very moment. If you'll be installing Nougat on your S7 device, please do let us know how you get on and what your fave new changes or features are.

Some notes:
- It's a 1GB+ download so make sure you download over a strong Wifi connection
- Major updates such as this can take a while to install, so don't fret if it takes 30-60min+
- We'd always recommend to install on a full charge
- Always back up your data before installing updates. Though we don't expect you'll have any issues, it's better to be safe than sorry
- If you use old games/apps that haven't been updated for Nougat compatibility, you may find these have reduced functionality, may crash, or may not work at all

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 160
159 REPLIES 159

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Depends which phone you're talking about but if you look down the list of threads in this section you should find your answer.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 160

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous It should be with you any day now. O2 have approved it and we expect it this week some time

This is the long running thread about it https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Nougat-coming-soon-to-Samsung-S7-amp-S7-edge/m-p/1037369#M19399

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 160

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Creating new posts when you have already posted on the main thread won't get it any quicker, either.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 33 of 160

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Creating new posts when you have already posted on the main thread won't get it any quicker, either.

A few people have done that over the past few days. Maybe they think they will go to the top of the Nougat list if they ask nicely....many times..Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 160

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Asked for merge anyways.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 160

Cleoriff
  • 122821 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Asked for merge anyways.

Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 160

PhilLFC85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Would the update come first to smart switch users via cable or would it go out the same time as the over the air update would
Message 37 of 160

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Usually via Smartswitch first followed by OTA a few days later.

Currently using:
Message 38 of 160

PhilLFC85
Level 1: Joiner
  • 30 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Think i will try smart switch when i get home see what happens if people are saying any time now
Message 39 of 160

MI5
  • 144175 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Always worth checking.

Currently using:
Message 40 of 160