Did you mean: 

New to o2 incoming sms issues

Derekfp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, 

I was originally with Tesco Mobile and suddenly my incoming text messages stopped coming through to me.  (No changed to my account or swap of sim card etc) it just stopped one day.  

Other sim cards working fine in my Samsung galaxy s20.  They sent me a new sim card but It had tbe same issue.   I ended up buy a new iPhone 15 Pro max, still no joy.  

I have stupidly went to o2 and surprise surprise same issue.  Dunno why I thought they would be any different when teaco piggyback.  

Getting the run around from o2 now.  

Any ideas on what I can tell their front line staff to do in order to resolve the issue.  

I'm acottish and the poor offshore guys are having difficulty understanding my accent. 

#doingmanutin 

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Derek

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Derekfp 

You will need to persevere with o2 customer services, as it needs to go to the porting team to liaise with Tesco to fix the incoming SMS issue. 

I have the same issue with my Yorkshire Accent as well...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Derekfp 

Does anything in Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) help you ? 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Derekfp 

Is this everywhere or just in one location?

O2 Service Status

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Unlikely to be a porting issue at all tbh so I would be looking for network issues.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Derekfp
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thing is the issue started at o2 and they couldn't resolve it, so I can't see o2 sorting the issue relying on them  I'll try phoning again tomorrow and hopefully I'll get through to @Breanna 🙂

Message 5 of 8

Derekfp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yep it's deffo mot an apparatus fault, new sim cards don't sort the issue.  So deffo an o2 issue both direct with o2  and with those that piggy back on o2.  I happens everywhere, inside and outside the house. 

Message 6 of 8

Derekfp
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried everything and then some.   I believe this is a known issue, just no front line staff at o2 know about it. 🙂

Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Derekfp wrote:

Thing is the issue started at o2 and they couldn't resolve it, so I can't see o2 sorting the issue relying on them  I'll try phoning again tomorrow and hopefully I'll get through to @Breanna 🙂

@Derekfp 

@Breanna has left and there are no account advisors here anymore unfortunately.

You need to persevere with O2 and ask that the issue is escalated to tech support.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8