cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News about O2’s Home Broadband and Home Phone Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone,

We have reached agreement with Sky for them to acquire our consumer Home Broadband and Home Phone business.

For more information on what this means, read more here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1CRJT

If you’d like to read our press release, it’s here: http://o2lin.kr/Z1zF10

O2 Social Media Team

Message 1 of 379
378 REPLIES 378

Anonymous
Not applicable
The broadband only bundle is 6 months free broadband then £10 pm and sky line rental for £14.50 pm. That is the "Boadband Only" deal deal
Message 281 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyways yeah I disagree man, people are just saying this for a positive spin on the whole thing. It makes not= sense why o2 would give you 12 free months when they have nothing to gain by doing so.

Sorry then, I guess they're all fabricating it just to confuse you! Smiley Frustrated

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 282 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

The 12 months free is a fact...  As I was offered and accepted this offer.  I am currently paying nothing until next year.  I called up to ask for info on the Sky sale and the o2 rep I spoke to mentioned the 12 months free deal and transfered me to retentions who signed me up on a new 12 month contract with the same specs I had before less paying a monthly fee.  He also said that customers in the larger population areas would be transferred first, ie London etc and it would take 12 - 18 months for them to get as far as Scotland.  By which point I would be out of my 12 month contract and could possibly negotiate a better deal with SKY in order for them to attempt to keep me as a customer.  If no better deal was forthcoming then I could leave as I would be out of contract anyway.

In reports I have read on the sale to Sky,  apparently O2 has £20 million more to gain from doing this as Sky will pay £20 million more if o2 succesfully transfers their customers.  If existing o2 customers all leave and o2 transfer zero customer base, then the extra £20 million would not be paid.

http://corporate.sky.com/media/press_releases/2013/sky_to_acquire_telefonicas_uk_broadband_and_fixed...

"Under the terms of the agreement, Sky will pay a consideration of £180 million to Telefónica UK for the consumer broadband, home phone and line rental customers served by the O2 and BE brands. An extra contingent amount, not exceeding £20 million, may be payable dependent upon the successful delivery and completion of the customer migration process by Telefónica UK. "

Message 283 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone recieved their welcome pack from Sky?

Just worried that we are going to loose things we take for granted from O2

e.g Looking at the Sky website - calls to them for querries, technical issues etc seem to be charged at 5p per min (unlike free calls to O2) if you are on BT - i.e unless you take Sky's phone package as well when I believe the calls will be free

You seem to get 12 months free McAfee - but after the 12 month period their current SKY customers have to pay £3 month for McAfee

The last e-mail from O2 said we would initially be migrated over on our current T&C's - does anyone know how long before Sky will want us to migrate fully to their T&C's 

Message 284 of 379

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

To the end of your existing minimum term

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 285 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable
From a marketing point of view, you should check the Privacy Policy and cookies policy. This may be little different from others´, but I was never concerned about my details and internet usage being shared with Telefonica Group. Now, having it shared with Sky Group (entire News International Group?) - that´s a whole different matter. Standby to get bombarded with spam advertising from a group whose products you have no interest in, just because O2 transferred your account to them against your wishes, opt-out or not.
Message 286 of 379

PP1000
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I replied to an old post, why does this forum have reply beside posts, but does not include the thing you are replying to?? Anyways yeah I disagree man, people are just saying this for a positive spin on the whole thing. It makes not= sense why o2 would give you 12 free months when they have nothing to gain by doing so.

Just because YOU didn't get offered it , don't call other people liars! The reason is likely that they want to retain the maximum customer base before the handover. Plenty of evidence of people getting the free offers on this and other forums. Try doing some research before spouting rubbish about bull. As the offer was discretionary ,  no  doubt you weren't offered anything because you showed as much charm on the phone and you have done with your last posts.

Message 287 of 379

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94098 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I replied to an old post, why does this forum have reply beside posts, but does not include the thing you are replying to?? Anyways yeah I disagree man, people are just saying this for a positive spin on the whole thing. It makes not= sense why o2 would give you 12 free months when they have nothing to gain by doing so.

There's a quote button when you reply, right next to the spell check button wink

Message 288 of 379

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Zingy9 wrote ".....went on O2 live chat earlier and was told if cancelled early would have to pay a cancellation fee."

Having been an o2 customer from the start i'm now out of contract on my home broadband and have been trying for several days now to close my Sky (?) home broadband service and have an email from O2 saying that if I don't give notice I will have to pay a cancellation fee. I told the chat line I wanted out, I've emailed and I've written by land mail but apparently O2 will only accept notice given by phone!

I don't understand this , when you phone to ask  for your Mac code they know you want to leave. I'm out of contract too and they never mentioned this to me. 

By the way ...You phone O2 but the calls get transferred to Sky already !! it was a chap from Skye who tried to persuade me not to move or if I insisted to take out Skye T.V. instead.Smiley Mad

Message 289 of 379

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand this , when you phone to ask  for your Mac code they know you want to leave.

Not always, if you don't use the MAC nothing will happen and your line will continue as it was.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 290 of 379