Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclusive UK partnership with Nothing

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Want to find out more about the amazing Nothing Phone (1), including pricing and how you can pre-order? Check out our pre-order thread here.

It happened, folks. Nothing took the wraps off the Phone (1) and unveiled more about it. See what sets Nothing Phone (1) apart from everything else out there by watching the full event below, or by clicking here

If you'd like to be the first to know about launch dates, pricing or any other details, please stay tuned to our social media feeds (Twitter, Facebook & Instagram), here on the Community, or you can register for updates here.

Details on the Nothing event and Glyph Interface below. Click to reveal.

More info

The full reveal of the Nothing phone(1) is right around the corner. If you're as excited as we are then you can discover more in the Nothing event on 12 July @ 16:00 BST here.

Between now and the event though, it's time for you to Meet the Glyph Interface

Remember when tech used to be fun? The excitement of taking home a new gadget. Unwrapping it with wonder. Turning it on. Every interaction, a new surprise. But somewhere along the line, tech went cold. Products became numbers. And specs.

The Glyph Interface brings it all back. That warmth. That sense of joy. And discovery. It’s functionality, made fun again.

• Lights are synced to flash in unique patterns to every custom sound. Letting you know who’s calling, notifications, charging status and more. Without checking your screen all day.
  • Pair individual contacts to ringtones, each with a Glyph pattern. So you never miss the most important calls.
  • For deeper focus, flip phone (1) with the Glyph Interface facing up to trigger silent mode with lights-only notifications.
  • And when it’s time to rest, set a daily schedule for the Glyphs to automatically turn off.

This is just the beginning of what the Glyph Interface can do. More features and customisation to come, made together with the Nothing community.  Watch here for a demo.

Original thread below. Click to reveal.

More info

I'm sure there's a pun or two going to be scattered throughout this post, but we've got something exciting to say about Nothing. So without further ado, let's get right into Nothing.

Nothing is a consumer tech company and today they have confirmed the first of many partnerships for its hotly anticipated smartphone phone (1). Powered by Android-based Nothing OS and supercharged by Qualcomm's Snapdragon platform, phone (1) delivers a fast, smooth experience that’s uniquely Nothing. Pricing, availability and partner incentives will be announced at a later date.

Carl Pei, CEO and Co-founder of Nothing

When we started Nothing we wanted to bring back the excitement we once felt for the tech industry. Joining forces with leading telcos and retailers, we look forward to shaking up the smartphone market together. We can’t wait to reveal phone (1) to the world later this summer.

We're excited to announce that O2 will be the exclusive network partner for Nothing in the UK, with phone (1) available to UK customers across O2’s online and retail store network.

Gareth Turpin, Chief Commercial Officer of Virgin Media O2

We want to make sure that O2 customers always have access to the latest and greatest technology. Nothing phone (1) provides a combination of great design and technology that offers something truly unique for our customers.

I'm really excited that we are partnering with Nothing to be the exclusive network supplier in the UK, as we continue to reimagine connectivity, offer our customers more choice and enjoy the benefits and value they expect from O2.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Carl Pei, formerly of OnePlus? Nothing surprises me...

Message 2 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Have a look at their Launcher it is like a child developed it...

It will end up being another OnePlus arrangement 😞

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Leaked version of the Nothing Phone... co designed by an 8 year old 

madasaf1sh_0-1652444251186.jpeg

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Carl Pei, formerly of OnePlus? Nothing surprises me...

I see what you did there... 😉

Message 5 of 9

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions
FVRLlhHWQAA6q66.jpg

Bold. Warm. Full of soul.

A return to instinct.

This is phone (1).

Tune in on 12 July to hear all about it: nothing.tech/pages/event

Message 6 of 9

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

"Interesting" minimal styling... bet it looks interesting in the dark with those white LED trails on the camera-side. I wonder if the clear glass back model will ever appear? 😉

Message 7 of 9

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Hey all. The Nothing Event happened today and we now know a lot more about the Nothing Phone (1). Check out here or check out my updated original post above.

Message 8 of 9

AdamC2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Any chance of this coming over to O2 Business? I have a sim only business SIM with my iPhone 11 at the moment and I quite like the look of this device. Thanks.

Message 9 of 9