Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why cant i have my number ported over

Pie_Stuff
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Twice i have requested my previous number is ported to my new sim, twice told it will take 24 hours.

2 weeks later still waiting.

Any idea where the breakdown in the process is occuring?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149111 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28466 Solutions

@Pie_Stuff 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Pie_Stuff
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

02 support are a chocolate teapot. 

I thought someone here may experienced it and found a way around it. 

Even if someone just say yes they are pants but it will happen eventually would be preferable to a bunch of broken promises. 

Message 3 of 5

Chrissiealone
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

How do I subscribe to this thread?  I fear it may come to the time that my number isn't ported over either onto 02 from 3 network. Due to get my number changed over to 02 on Tuesday. Luckily a very nice support assistant told me to not to add any money until the changeover has taken over. 

I've kept my old sim on an old phone, which means if necessary I can request a new pac number from three who will try to persuade me to have a new deal with them should my number not move over. 

Would love to keep each other updated PIE Stuff.

Message 4 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11518 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Pie_Stuff 

Many things can cause your number not to be ported and a lot of them are to with the donor network.. 

It could be the Donor network are not accepting the PAC code, it is failing the numerous security and validation checks, it could be you owe the donor network money, you dont own the number, your account with the donor network has already been closed .. 

The only people who can tell you are either your old network or o2,  and bare in mind thousands of ports happen every day and 99.999% happen with no issues.. 

I have seen port issues that take hours to fix and others that  have taken weeks to fix..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 5 of 5