Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping existing number

Graham8
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have just changed from Virgin mobile to O2 and I am currently waiting for my sim. When changing I was asked by Virgin whether I wanted to keep my phone number to which I said yes. He said he had sorted that for me. The emails from O2 have a new number on them. Do I have to still get a PAC number from Virgin to keep my Virgin number?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Graham8 

You need your Pac from Virgin to cancel your current account with them. You should then give the PAC to O2. All info in this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

All numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Graham8 

You need your Pac from Virgin to cancel your current account with them. You should then give the PAC to O2. All info in this guide Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

All numbers for O2 are in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

swhymark
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I sat with my Virgin rep while I acquired my PAC code, gave it to him and he dealt with it from there.

However, and to me not surprisingly, I have received my new SIM, inserted it, set it up according to directions, and have lost my original number.

What would be next please? I have put my original VM SIM back in my phone for now.

Cheers.

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

It might be that the port has not completed yet @swhymark - did you get a text confirming the date of the number move?

See if this is of any help:

#Guide: Migration & porting into O2 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

swhymark
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I texted 20220, gave my 13 digit SSN, then received a text saying 'this SIM is now active' and to turn the phone off and on again. Still haven't got my original number back.

Message 5 of 6

swhymark
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, just an update to my previous post.

I called CS and they confirmed that they hadn't received my old PAC code. Luckily I still had the information available, which I passed to the CS rep, and he has actioned the transfer now. He said it should come through by tomorrow, thankyou.

Message 6 of 6