cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced to take a second O2 sim for new contract??

ndaar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Greetings. I am an existing o2 and virign customer. I recently upgraded my virgin package and they said I had to take out a new o2 sim only alongside the changes in order to qualify for the package. I kept saying I already had an o2 sim and didn't need one however they said it was a requirement, even though they said I had to take it out under a different email address than my other o2 sim? I wanted to check as this seemed insane as now I have two o2 sims with different numbers! and I am paying for a second sim which I would not use, all to get a volt ultimate bundle package?? Please advise.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94335 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Cancel the new sim

Just a Virginmedia employee wanting commission

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 94335 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions

Cancel the new sim

Just a Virginmedia employee wanting commission

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202

Message 2 of 8

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8096 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1662 Solutions

No you didn't have to take out a new SIM if you already had one.

As stated, they just want extra commission.

Those up the food chain know this been going on for a long time but have done nothing 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 8

ndaar
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Spoke to o2 they have cancelled the new contract. As you say disgusting practice by Virgin. I have raised a complaint. If I had done nothing I would be paying an other £25 a month for a Sim I didn't need.

Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24063 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3777 Solutions

@ndaar Don't just take O2's word for it. Make sure you have written confirmation that they have cancelled the second contract, and double check your bank account next month to make sure they haven't perpetrated the con again.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

ndaar
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You were right they issued a bill! Had to get back on to them. Then an other o2 person tried to claim I did need to take out a second sim to qualify for the deal! Its ridiculous that no one seems to know what they are doing!

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
  • 94335 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions
Message 7 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11633 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

It all depends on the deal, and VM do there own thing... 

But you definitely do not need to take out a new a new o2 contract, and infact I got a better deal earlier this week with VM than Ultimate Volt... 

Full VM TV,  Full Sky Cinema, Full Sports, and Netflix and Gig 1 for a steal at under £80 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 8 of 8