cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

galaxy watch 4 lte with O2 for making calls without phone.

GalWatch4LTE
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have purchased a galaxy watch 4 LTE with the aim of using it without the need for my phone close by. The O2 store tells me I cannot use it for making calls on a cellular network but only using VOIP, i.e. by using data for media such as WhatsApp. Is it really correct that I cannot make mobile voice calls on my mobile network with this watch (I ask as other communities seem to say it should be possible). I do not wish to take out the £5 per month until this is clarified. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Fatboyz
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for clearing that up. I talked to an O2 rep on sunday via online chat and they said ' just pop into an O2 shop and you can get an esim to use your phone olan' as in the 'one number' set up. Didn't think they were really keyed up on the situation.

Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

All pretty clueless these days.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 15

Bigdave1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a complete solve for this as my watch 4  was doing the same....firstly turn on bluetooth,  then go to the samsung gear app, click on watch settings, then advanced features,  then turn on remote connection ,then just below that turn on  CALLING...this key so it let's your watch make and receive calls on the same number as your phone when your phone is out of range..but remember to keep bluetooth turned on as to allow your phone and watch to communicate on a cellular basis while not within bluetooth range....hope this helps

Message 13 of 15

Bigdave1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Firstly go to 02 shop and get the e sim..they can help you set it up..then 

I have a complete solve for this as my watch 4  was doing the same ....every time I tried to call , it kept coming up emergency calls only...firstly turn on bluetooth,  then go to the samsung gear app, click on watch settings, then advanced features,  then turn on remote connection ,then just below that turn on  CALLING...this is key so it let's your watch make and receive calls on the same number as your phone when your phone is out of range..but remember to keep bluetooth turned on as to allow tour phone and watch to communicate on a cellular basis while not within bluetooth range....hope this helps

Message 14 of 15

Bigdave1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a complete solve for this as my watch 4  was doing the same(emergency calls only).go to o2 store and let them set up the esim, once they've set that up making sure bluetooth is on..  then go to the samsung gear app, click on watch settings, then advanced features,  then turn on remote connection ,then just below that turn on  CALLING...this key so it let's your watch make and receive calls on the same number as your phone when your phone is out of range..but remember to keep bluetooth turned on as to allow your phone and watch to communicate on a cellular basis while not within bluetooth range....hope this helps

Message 15 of 15