cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verifying 2G signal quality for BP Pulse charger?

TomTom1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 
I have a BP Pulse charger that refuses to schedule for off peak electricity usage. BP Pulse claim this is due to poor 2G signal to the charger from O2 but the network coverage checker suggests this is fine (full circle coverage, good signal). Is there any other way of verifying the quality/consistency  of signal? I do not have an O2 phone- just an O2-provided sim in my EV car charger from BP Pulse?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

TomTom1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ps I have dowloaded the O2 My Network app to my phone but this does not have an O2 sim in it (I am currently on EE)- is the feedback then valid or not?

Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6640 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1492 Solutions

Coverage maps are only a guesstimate.

What you need is someone on O2 to check it out. They could be on O2, Tesco Mobile, Giffgaff or Sky. All those are the best known network that use O2 signal

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10215 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

@TomTom1 

Sounds like a (the usual) cop out from BP (No) Pulse, as the 2G sim card is a specific type of sim, that requires very little bandwidth, its called an IOT or M2M sim card. 

I would be going back to BP (No) Pulse and asking them to check that the sim card is working..  

It might also be worth asking on speakev.com and see if this is a common issue with BP (No) Pulse, as I know a lot of EV drivers have a lot of issues with their Home Chargers.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

TomTom1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you! @madasaf1sh ! Yes, BP Pulse are awful - the SIM must work as charge data and instructions can be sent but it’s hit and miss/erratic app. The SpeakEV forum has similar tales and some workarounds- appreciate the tip.

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10215 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3013 Solutions

Sounds like their Public Charging Network... which like most EV Drivers we fear having to use the most.  @TomTom1 

Good Luck.. slight_smile 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6