Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown caller and no 4G

biggles911
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've tried customer services umpteen times and they have been unable to solve 2 problems I have with O2 at the moment. I upgraded my contract and changed from a 4G sim to a 5G sim but in doing so my phone has been unable to keep 4G.. I'm not in a 5G area but my local shop informed me that the service would automatically default to the available 4G service. I reset the data settings and try selecting O2-UK manually and when I do this I get 4G service for perhaps 5 minutes or so then it disappears... I bought a brand new iPhone 14 Pro in the hope this would solve my problem that I had with my with my old iPhone but it hasn't. What am I supposed to do as customer services seem to be pretty ineffectual.... Also, all my calls come in as "unknown" even though they are in my contacts.... I have an e-Sim...

Please help me as I'm so hacked off with this......

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Haze-sfb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Ryan I am having the same issue with my new phone and new SIM card.  Samsung have checked all the phone settings.  O2 helpline just seem to be fobbing me off.  First I was told my contract doesn't support voice calls ! Then told to wait 24 hours and the problem would fix itself.  It didn't.  I've rung again this morning and been told it's a known issue with Samsung, then told to go to the O2 store and get a new SIM card.  I now have the new SIM card and still have the same problem.  I've tried the new SIM card in my old phone and my new phone and have the same problem with both phones.  My EE SIM card works in both phones.  I'd really appreciate some help.

Message 11 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12578 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

As per my message above @Haze-sfb , there are no advisors on the community any more.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 15

Haze-sfb
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yes, thanks, I saw that after I'd posted.  Seriously wishing I hadn't started a new contract with O2 - I've lost about a day on phone calls to the helpline, being sent back to the shop to swap the SIM, on-line chat etc and now been told it's been passed to another team to be resolved over the next 5 days.  Given how many people on this community have asked about the same issue I'd have thought the O2 tech support would have an idea how to resolve it.

Message 13 of 15

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12578 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1153 Solutions

The community advisors, while not effective every time, were certainly useful in resolving a large percent of the issues we see.

Now unfortunately you are at the mercy of the "standard" customer services @Haze-sfb 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 14 of 15

Kosmos5457
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue here, switched to new iPhone, new SIM card, had this intermittent issue since. Just seen advisors have been pulled from here, just as they were going to help me. 

Customer Service is below par for tech support. If you're buying, then great. 

Email to CEO it is. 

Message 15 of 15