cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn on Wi-Fi and 4g calling in device detail, how?

Wakeydakey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Where do I go in MyO2 to turn on Wi-Fi and 4g calling so I can call from USA. Keep going round in circles with O2 next to useless support and website. I can call landlines but not mobiles, apparently due to a US change in networks. Turning on the options on my iPhone gets me nowhere, blocks all calls. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145104 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Wakeydakey 

It's in the menus on the MyO2 app if you can access that or choose desktop mode from your browser https://mymobile.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 11 of 13

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6813 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Wakeydakey wrote:

@Enllithat is on, all I can do is done, it seems it’s just O2 to do their bit. 

Yes, why it still has to be switched on their end before the customer can control it beats me. Especially as 4G Calling will be essential when 3G is turned off, although O2 seem to be behind the curve on that one.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 12 of 13

Bitshift
Level 1: Joiner
  • 16 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a shame that not a single person I've spoken to over multiple phone calls to O2 over the last two days knows this.

I called to cancel my contract specifically because wifi calling didn't work. I've mentioned it then and several times to both customer support, customer retentions and anyone else that I've spoken to. I'll post many further updates in the thread I started yesterday.

Message 13 of 13