Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible data coverage

Charosie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I spoke to someone at 02/ virgin (not sure which now) and they said they’d send out a new SIM card- reason being my phone continually drops out of service if I’m not connected to Wi-Fi. They operator said a mast nearby isn’t working as it should - but I have this problem all over. It’s incredibly frustrating and I didn’t have this problem initially. It’s only started in the last two months. It means I can’t use a host of apps - some I need for work - as they take forever to start working. I am also unable now to find a way of contacting 02. Not only did they say they would give me a discount on my bill they also said they’d send me a SIM card. 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7960 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Is this a Virgin or O2 SIM

If Virgin you will need to deal through them

O2 Status can be checked on

https://status.o2.co.uk/

Use the O2 network status checker to see if there’s a known network connection problem in your area, or to report an unknown issue to us. From here, you’ll be able to subscribe to updates using Keep Me Posted. 

If there’s no known issue, try manually resetting your device by: 

• Turning your phone off and on 
  • Making sure mobile data is turned on in your settings
  • Choosing the O2 network manually in your settings
  • Resetting your network settings (this will also reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before) 

Instructions on how to take these steps can be found using our device-specific trouble-shooter here.

If you think there might be an issue with your device or sim: 

• Try your sim in a different O2 phone 
  • Try a different O2 sim in your phone  
This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7960 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1652 Solutions

Is this a Virgin or O2 SIM

If Virgin you will need to deal through them

O2 Status can be checked on

https://status.o2.co.uk/

Use the O2 network status checker to see if there’s a known network connection problem in your area, or to report an unknown issue to us. From here, you’ll be able to subscribe to updates using Keep Me Posted. 

If there’s no known issue, try manually resetting your device by: 

• Turning your phone off and on 
  • Making sure mobile data is turned on in your settings
  • Choosing the O2 network manually in your settings
  • Resetting your network settings (this will also reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before) 

Instructions on how to take these steps can be found using our device-specific trouble-shooter here.

If you think there might be an issue with your device or sim: 

• Try your sim in a different O2 phone 
  • Try a different O2 sim in your phone  
This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2