cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 mobile signal and data poor, ran My Network tests on web/video/speed checker ians very very poor

Spud312r
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Team

The postcode i am having trouble with is CM3 6NN.

Running the MyNetwork tests show incredibly poor results , mega delays on all 3 tests.

You cant use the network indoors (wooden bungalow). and barley outdoors

I used the app to report a problem, which O2 stated they had fixed but test results still the same.

Can i request O2 to send out an engineer to test the site, if so how/who do i contact ?

Can i bring up O2 maintenance mode on my Iphone to show/test the network ?

I cant. seem to find a email/phone number to speak to the correct team to try and solve his 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Seems it is one of the many congested areas and this may be part of the reasons for your problem 

I can only suggest you keep reporting it using O2's My Network App.

There is no email so you will have to go through the normal phone / social media route

The status has not changed in respect of congestion as that would be a long term fix

Screenshot_20220912_185218.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Enlli
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

We are all customers here like you and have no access to O2 accounts or network

Looks like network congestion 

Enlli_0-1662200100504.png

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Seems it is one of the many congested areas and this may be part of the reasons for your problem 

I can only suggest you keep reporting it using O2's My Network App.

There is no email so you will have to go through the normal phone / social media route

The status has not changed in respect of congestion as that would be a long term fix

Screenshot_20220912_185218.jpg

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

The o2 networks is congested in some areas, of the UK, it is the same problem people face on EE, Vodafone and Three, as unfortunately there are problems getting new hardware into the UK, thanks to the Global Semi Conductor shortage, which also affects the install of new back haul into some places, and also other issues with local councils and NIMBY's in some areas... 

I would before moving to another network get some Pay as You Go sims and test coverage don't trust any network coverage maps...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@madasaf1sh wrote:

The o2 networks is congested in some most areas, of the UK, it is the same problem people face on EE, Vodafone and Three, as unfortunately there are problems getting new hardware into the UK, thanks to the Global Semi Conductor shortage, which also affects the install of new back haul into some places, and also other issues with local councils and NIMBY's in some areas... 

I would before moving to another network get some Pay as You Go sims and test coverage don't trust any network coverage maps...

Fixed it for you @madasaf1sh 😉

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@jonsie 

I don't have any problems up north here in Yorkshire slight_smile So must be a southern thing tongue 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6