Did you mean: 

Moving from Vodafone to O2

Memeh
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I purchased a Samsung contract phone from O2 in 2016. I gave it to my brother recently who has a Vodafone pay as you go sim. The sim is network rejected in the phone. I called CS and was told I would get a code in 7 days. It never arrived. I called again on Monday and was told my phone wasn’t registered on my account. I am assuming it’s because it is too old as I have only been contracted to O2 for 20+ years, plus I still have a copy of the contract. Anyway I was told again it would now take 10 days for another code which I very much doubt is going to arrive. I put an O2 pay as you go sim in the phone and it works fine but won’t accept the Vodafone sim. Can you offer any advice please?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148676 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Memeh 

Follow the guide here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2