Did you mean: 

Live chat

SandraD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear O2 Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well, although my current experience with O2 customer service has been extremely frustrating.

For the past three days, I have been attempting to reach someone through various channels, including the chat where a barcode is sent for scanning. Unfortunately, my efforts have been met with silence, and I am unable to log a critical fraud case.

The issue at hand involves a charge on my account for someone else's number, and I am alarmed by the unauthorized access to my banking details. I do not know the individual in question, and I am perplexed as to how this could happen. Was it a mistake from O2 itself?

My attempts to contact your customer service line have been equally disheartening. I have been placed on hold for over an hour, only for the call to abruptly end without resolution. This level of service is unacceptable, and I am left feeling frustrated and dissatisfied.

As a long-standing customer, I am disappointed by the lack of responsiveness and the overall quality of service. I am seriously contemplating switching to another provider once my contract with O2 concludes.

I urgently request your immediate attention to this matter. Please provide guidance on how to resolve the fraud case and prevent any further unauthorized access to my account.

Your prompt response and assistance in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Sandra

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@SandraD I'm afraid your post will draw a blank here as well. This is a community of customers with no O2 staff who can help you

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Using social media sometimes gets better results but can be slow

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144410 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@SandraD 

If you think you’ve been the victim of fraud – whether it’s because you’ve given details to someone over the phone, or clicked on a link in a suspicious text or email there are things you can do:
Contact your bank if you think you may have given out financial information. They can help protect your account and stop transactions.
Change your account and online account passwords. Not just your O2 account. All of them.
Forward fraudulent texts to O2 for free on 7726.
Contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040.
Call your Virgin Media or O2 customer services number if you think somebody’s taken out a contract using your details.
Virgin Media customers can phone 150 from their landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone.
O2 customers can call 202 from their O2 phone or 0344 809 0202 from any other phone.
You can block the number that called you, or any number you think may be suspicious.
How to block a number:
https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062352/
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201229
There are also these links to look at:
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/phishing-and-smishing-advice
https://www.o2.co.uk/help/safety-and-security/unwanted-calls-and-messages
https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

SandraD
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I. Thanks for the info. I in fact deleted the debit order from m y bank and told them everything. I then email O2 with all the info etc. I just received this: At least now they can call me as i tried several times myself to call them. 😊

Hello Sandra,
Account No: **********

We have been notified by your bank of a change in the status of your direct debit details and therefore we have cancelled your current mandate. To discuss your O2 account further please call us on 0344 809 0202 Or you can update your Direct Debit details using the following link ********

Thanks,
O2
Message 4 of 8

Enlli
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

@SandraD O2 won't call you. They will put your account into arrears, eventually selling the debt on to a debt collection agency and trashing your credit in the process.

In this O2 are brutal!

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10182 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@SandraD 

What is this extra charge??  What does the description say on the bill, as you need to contact the company listed, as if it is done via an app store, then they are the only ones who can refund it.. 

As @Enlli has said you have put your service at risk by cancelling your Direct Debit, and non payment will result in service suspension, and like all mobile networks will have no hesitation in escalating it to debt recovery... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 8

SandraD
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I finally got it sorted 🙂 

Message 7 of 8

Enlli
  • 6608 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

Good News

Message 8 of 8