Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Can't Top Up My Phone

Throwawayanon00
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've tried topping up from the app and browser page numerous times and I'm finally fed up. I can use vouchers from the shop but they seem to switch my tariff, which is not ideal. I said 'seem to' because I've used a voucher just once, and it gave me the 10 pound data, unlimited minutes & texts. I do not need to spend on data every time but that is the only way i can get calls and texts. So what's up with it? CAN I JUST ADD FUNDS WITHOUT VOUCHERS. Also, regarding this issue, can I get an official here to help with my account?
Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Hi @Throwawayanon00.

Unfortunately o2 no longer offer a classic pay as you go, where you add money to your account and as you make calls or send texts it reduces the balance.

Now o2 pay as you go you have a monthly amount you load on (£10, £15 or more) and in exchange you get calls and texts and data.

This lasts for a month, at which time you need to add another £10 or £15 onto your account (depending on which one you are on) to get another month's allowance of minutes, texts and data.

If you want the old style, then you would need to look to another network - others have suggested Asda or 1p mobile offer this service, but shop around and see what you can find that suits.

If you want to stay with o2 on the monthly scheme, then you can find a number of ways to top up in the guide below.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Hi @Throwawayanon00.

Unfortunately o2 no longer offer a classic pay as you go, where you add money to your account and as you make calls or send texts it reduces the balance.

Now o2 pay as you go you have a monthly amount you load on (£10, £15 or more) and in exchange you get calls and texts and data.

This lasts for a month, at which time you need to add another £10 or £15 onto your account (depending on which one you are on) to get another month's allowance of minutes, texts and data.

If you want the old style, then you would need to look to another network - others have suggested Asda or 1p mobile offer this service, but shop around and see what you can find that suits.

If you want to stay with o2 on the monthly scheme, then you can find a number of ways to top up in the guide below.

Guide How to Top Up (PAYG) 

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 2