Did you mean: 

Disney+ / Did O2 hacked my account?

Sylvain
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello

I couldn't find an answer to my question among hundred of questions about Disney+ on O2 community so please apologies if it is there was already the same question.

I have upgraded yesterday with Disney+ free for 6 months.

I have followed the link provided to activate my Disney+ account, then chosen my personal email and password.

Today, I received 2 emails from Disney+ saying my account has been updated (my guess is one for password and one for email address).

I can still access Disney+ on phone as I didn't log out from the app but when I check my account details, the email I chose when I have created my Disney+ account has been replaced by a weird email net.gmora......5@gmail com.

I cannot change the email of my account or the password. They are both locked to the new email address.

Is this an O2 bot? I can't log in to my account with another device (my personal email is unknown by disney+)

Can someone explain :

1) how to change my email in my Disney+ account (I want to be able to use my email), knowing that it is not possible to change it directly in my account settings ?

2) log in to another device?

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

Hi, @Sylvain - did you manage to figure out what had happened, or are you still in need of some assistance? 

Message 2 of 6

Sylvain
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. I didn't find a way to get my account back. I cannot change the email which needs to be verified. I didn't log out from my device.
Message 3 of 6

pgn
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

Hi again @Sylvain!  Does anything in here help you fix the e-mail address associated with your O2 Disney+ trial?

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/change-your-disney-account-email-and-password/

Message 4 of 6

Sylvain
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have contacted Disney+ directlty via livechat.

They fixed it for me.

I still don't know how I have been hacked in less than a day. I never receive any suspicious email, which could explain how the hacker found my email and password. I always use strong passwords, and change them regurlarly.

My only explaination is  that someone within o2 or Disney+ is selling that information

Anyway it is fixed now.

Thanks @pgn for your help 

Message 5 of 6

pgn
  • 35745 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1579 Solutions

Glad you got it all sorted, @Sylvain. I can think of a number of ways in which the change could have happened, from a keylogger on the device you used to complete the registration process, or an exploit of any system in the chain between O2 and Disney+, to name but two.

If you have good antivirus on your side (pc or laptop anyway), O2's or Disney+'s or any intervening systems are more likely the cause - not specifically a member of staff of either organisation directly.

Anyway, good luck - enjoy Disney+, it has been great to see some of the Studio Ghibli films that our battered set of DVD originals have too many scratches on to play properly any more 👍

Message 6 of 6