Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Mobile Plan stuck on activating

Paisley128
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Paired iPhone and watch, added the o2 airtime plan for my watch, all good apart from it has been stuck on activating for the last 36 hours. Any help appreciated

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 36113 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

If you search the forum using the Search Bar up near the top of the page, you will find many who have had problems with Apple watch/phone pairing.  You won't find a definitive answer from O2 - the Advisors who could get this resolved were disbanded in July.

Example: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Trying-to-set-up-iwatch-with-cellular/m-p/1673602/highlight/true...

It is possible, @Paisley128, that you will find the answer here for your particular problem, but I suspect you will have to persevere with O2 on 202 or better still, head into an O2 Shop with some photo ID and let them work it out.

It has been reported a few times that some shop staff in particular shops were able to resolve the issue with the "hidden" number assigned to the watch and pairing it with the account that the iPhone uses. Good luck!

Message 2 of 7

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5874 Posts
  • 101 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Paisley128 

There isn't an easy fix and there are loads of threads on this forum about Apple Watches, some of which run to hundreds of posts ! 

You might want to try the solution on :-

Solved: Apple Watch Code 90 - O2 Community

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Apple/Apple-Watch-Code-90/m-p/1666044#M172054

I have no idea whether or not that will work for you, but it might be worth a try ! 

Message 3 of 7

Paisley128
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for both replies. O2 CS said that order had failed and will resubmit, wait 24hrs. Sceptical that anything will change but will wait to be pleasantly surprised tomorrow. Trip to o2 shop otherwise.

Message 4 of 7

Oxonian
  • 5874 Posts
  • 101 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Paisley128 

Please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 5 of 7

Paisley128
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Waited 24 hours, no change. Visited o2 store yesterday, did their best by looking at my account to see what was happening, something appeared ‘odd’ with the airtime order. Store phoned CS to be told that the problem will be sent to tech team to look into. 3 day turnaround, which today I have been told by CS is 3 to 5 days! Very similar story to other threads. Will wait until the end of the week and then seriously look into switching phone contract to EE where there seems to be fewer issues relating to cellular Apple Watches. I did increase my spend cap as some previous threads advised. If by some miracle that does the trick I will update you

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
  • 5874 Posts
  • 101 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Paisley128 

Good luck and please keep us updated on developments. 

Message 7 of 7