cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Data Issue - Anyone been able to get it to work?

Anonymous
Not applicable

From the volume of posts, (myself included) there seems to be an issue at O2 setting up mobile data to Apple watches.

Oops error codes, then stuck on activating.

The O2 folks here have been great getting past the errors, but days of ‘O2 Activating’ with no estimated fix time is worrying. No official announcements or communications!

Is there anyone here who’ve actually managed to set up their mobile data plan on a watch bought in the last few weeks, or is it a complete shutout?

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@pgn 

Fair enough. Until enough people complain it won’t register on VMO2 senior leadership whatsoever. Frontline / store folk must be having a mare.

Personally I can return  / replace the Watch hassle free up until Thursday, (I’m one of the lucky ones).

I want to keep it, but the only other tech I’ve owned that has caused more stress is a wireless printer.

Whilst completely unscientific, no success stories here still

Well I beg to differ on the Success stories, @Anonymous - take a read of this: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Error-code-15-Apple-Watch-Ultra/m-p/1632081/highlight/true#M259865

And you too @Jyotida 

And by all means, use the link above to get the formal complaint going - Resolver, about two-thirds way down the page, works pretty well.

Message 11 of 29

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11601 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@madasaf1sh 

Appreciate the feedback.

However, I didn’t buy the watch from Apple, was direct from O2, so can only direct to them.
You have been more forthcoming than O2 and seem to be in a privileged position on information. Please can you update on eta on fix. Thanks

Apple keep information like that close to their chest, and to be honest it was ad hoc question to them during a CBR

I wont be chasing them for information I am sorry to say, as we are not a Carrier customer, and we buy absolutely 0 apple watches (no one in enterprises want them  for some reason).

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@madasaf1sh  
OK, thanks for your insight.

Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hundreds of messages over the last few weeks, no remedy, no official announcement.

Happy for the ‘Millions’ of customers unaffected. but what of those that are?

What do you think may be said in regret?

Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@madasaf1sh  Happy with this?

“And to be honest it doesnt affect that many people out of the many millions of customer that o2 have”

shallwe just ignore them then?

Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bedtime for me now. I’ll prob try and chat to the folk I know at O2 HO tomorrow. I hate going to Slough.

Probably get told off for antagonising people again, sigh. Not giving up though.

This entire situation is wrong. X

Message 16 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Go for it @Anonymous 

It's way past time that this was sorted out

There must be hundreds of customers totally frustrated with O2's incompetence in rectifying this issue

Probably 25% of the posts we see on here are related to watch connection problems with various 'error' messages

I truly wish you the best of luck and hope your particular issue is fixed asap

Message 17 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 126024 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Go for it @Anonymous 

There must be hundreds of customers totally frustrated with O2's incompetence in rectifying this issue

Probably 25% of the posts we see on here are related to watch connection problems with various 'error' messages

Well you and I have been here a long time @jonsie and I can't think of ONE issue which has gone on as long as this one. (and still remains unsolved)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 29

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12624 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Go for it @Anonymous 

Well you and I have been here a long time @jonsie and I can't think of ONE issue which has gone on as long as this one. (and still remains unsolved)

o2 stock system & next day delivery @Cleoriff ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 19 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 126024 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Go for it @Anonymous 

o2 stock system & next day delivery @Cleoriff ?

Yes, there is that @gmarkj but really I'm talking about a technical issue.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 29