Did you mean: 

Am I on O2 refresh

JPGreen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

I'm currently on a sim only deal (18 months) - how do I know if I am on O2 refresh? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@JPGreen

Sim Only is not o2 Refresh, as Refresh includes a Handset Contract and an Airtime Contract.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 7

JPGreen
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, does this include if I have previously paid off the phone part of the contract?

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JPGreen

Hello

If you only have a Pay Monthly Sim Only Contract without the Phone on Refresh then you won't have to pay for the Device.

This will explain it

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/pay-monthly/o2-refresh-explained

You will just be paying for your Monthly Tariff or what you use outside your monthly allowances.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JPGreen 

Yes, you are on a refresh sim only tariff.

The same as I am having done the same as you years ago.

You will find that you can upgrade to another simo at anytime and keep repeating this or ipgrade to a phone plan without any cancellation fees.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

JPGreen
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks all! That’s really helpful thank you. Does this mean I could swap network as well? Some of the deals on other networks are cheaper... Or would that lead to early cancellation/other charges. Assuming this would work like a normal change of service at the end of the contract?
Message 6 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143406 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@JPGreen 

If leaving O2 you would need to pay cancellation fees Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Text INFO to 85075 to get details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 7