cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching tariffs on pay as you go, recommendations/help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, hoping someone will help me!

I have a blackberry and on the blackberry text and web tarriff, i pay £15 a month and get 500 texts and 500 gb for internet browsing. However I'm fed up of my blackberry and want to move to iphone. I've got my hands on an iphone and want to transfer my simcard into the iphone, but i realise i have to change tariff as mine is specific for blackberry

I've been browsing my options and think I will either go for simplicity 500 Texts + 100 Mins + 500MB Web (£17.50 a month) or the normal text and web tariff (the same that I was on before but i can use on the iphone)

Now my question is, can anyone tell me which one would be best? how does simplicity work? i read somewhere that they take the money off your credit every month and you have your allowance to use...which is different to text and web, where you top up £15 a month, and you don't necessarily spend the £15 if you don't use up your allowance. 

I think perhaps the text and web would be better??

My other question is, as I don't use up my £15 every month, my credit has accumulated and I know have £50 credit.. When I change tarriff will they transfer my credit to the new tariff? Or will I lose it?

Thanks so much for your help, and apologies for the long post!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Dont worry about the long post, we are always willing to help here and Welcome to the Forum

1st question is that you are allowed to transfer tarrifs on PAYG every 30 days for free. However on the Text and Web you will still need to top up to get your new allowence on your aniversary date, and yes your money stays with you as long as you dont spend it.

Regarding simplicity, your right. If you have £50 on, when you move over, it will automatically remove £15 of this £50 and give you the allowence you mentioned. If however one month you dont have enough credit on, then you dont get your allowence until you top up and then you may have to set the option up again before it works.

Hope this helps and makes sense. Any other qustions please ask away

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Dont worry about the long post, we are always willing to help here and Welcome to the Forum

1st question is that you are allowed to transfer tarrifs on PAYG every 30 days for free. However on the Text and Web you will still need to top up to get your new allowence on your aniversary date, and yes your money stays with you as long as you dont spend it.

Regarding simplicity, your right. If you have £50 on, when you move over, it will automatically remove £15 of this £50 and give you the allowence you mentioned. If however one month you dont have enough credit on, then you dont get your allowence until you top up and then you may have to set the option up again before it works.

Hope this helps and makes sense. Any other qustions please ask away

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply!

So if I change to tariff whether its to simplicity, or the regular text and web, does my credit get transfered over? Obviously I dont want to lose my £50 credit!!

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just realised, would I even have to change tariffs? Does anyone know if I can use my 

BlackBerry(R) Text and Web sim in an iphone? would it work or would i have to change to a regular tariff?

Message 4 of 6

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

Your credit stays with you no matter what you go to, even if you went to Contract from PAYG. Your credit is your money.

Text and Web Blackberry isnt the same as Text and Web. So yes you would need to change im affraid

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great post, Daz slight_smile
Message 6 of 6