cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

o2 Account Suspended - Fraudulent Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi everyone

This afternoon my o2 account has been suspended.  I couldn't make  or receieve any calls.  I contacted o2 via the agent chat method, and they couldn't help.  Contacted their customer services, got put on hold for 20 minutes, only to be be told that there was fraudelent activity on my account, but that they could tell me anything.

I obviously asked what was the nature, but the agent wouldn't tell me.  I asked how long this would take to resolve and he said 5 days.  I also asked how they would contact me (bearing in mind that they've disabled the sim card) and he just said "They have ways to get in touch with you".

What can i do, if anything, in my current position?  There's money in my bank account, my o2 account states i have almost all of my allowances available to use.

There's been a number of screw ups since I settled early on my previous phone last month, to starting on my new phone 4 weeks ago, all of them caused by their chat agents.

There's no point in contacting them again via chat, as the agents on there can't deal with this issue.  Don't feel that i'll get any further by ringing them again either.  Either way, I really don't want to be without a phone at Christmas, with no indication of when or how they'll be contacting me, or what the nature of the problem is.

Anyone any ideas?

Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144833 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Surely a paying customer has a right to know why O2 have suspended their service - for whatever reason.
If it is due to someone else attempting to access the account CS should be working to verify the true account owner and not fobbing them off with excuses.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 21 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did initally write up all the issues, but decided not to post them on here, as I thought it might be too much information to give in a public forum.

It is asked of members not to post up too personal information so I don't blame you as it is as you state an Open Forum. 

Message 22 of 57

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I did initally write up all the issues, but decided not to post them on here, as I thought it might be too much information to give in a public forum.

Obviously personal details shouldn't be posted on here for everyone to know, as you say, it's very public. @Anonymous is an O2 staff member so click on her name and you can send her a private message. She may be able to elaborate further for you.

Message 23 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't mean personal information or any type of account information as there is no information on your account on the reasons why your account was suspended. Other than the fraud team nobody knows why ur suspended so everything you have been told so far is pure speculation. 

I can give you the exact same information as can customer services and any forum member... guesses based purely on what you tell us...

Message 24 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

I have absolutely no idea why an account holder can't be given information on possible fraudulent activity on their account.? Although maybe not O2 CS , but certainly the fraud team should have been in touch by now and given some details.

Banks certainly contact their account holders and let them know what suspicious activity has been going on...so I fail to see why O2 think they should be any different...AND making it all so difficult for their customers.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've sent you a private message.

Message 26 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable
Perhaps o2 think the account holder is a fraudster? ?? (Not seriously).

But if the OP has passed security why is he not put through to fraud to discuss?
Message 27 of 57

Anonymous
Not applicable

so.... just got of the fraud teams phone.

Again the lady was nice and surprised that my sim has been barred. Essentially, someone else with a similar spelt name to mine had an issue with their new account. Might explain why I've been getting random update security question emails. as a result they've barred my account, which i was told should take about 2 hours to get it active again.

Does anyone know who i can now talk to to reinstate my direct debit, as my wife cancelled it last as she panicked that the direct debit could be compromised?

Message 28 of 57

Cleoriff
  • 123258 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7473 Solutions

Re your Direct Debit? I would ring your bank to get that reinstated. I cancelled one in error 2 weeks ago and had to ring my bank . I wouldn't try to do anything via O2 at present...Your account is still in the process of being re-activated. Just ring your bank direct... (leave it until your O2 account is definitely back on)

Edited to add... I am delighted this is now sorted for you @Anonymous It must be a weight off your mind...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 57

MI5
  • 144833 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
Oh, so yet another o2 screw up ? 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 30 of 57