Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

keeping old number

gracestiles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i had an iphone 6 pay as you go and just bought an iphone 11 monthly, but it comes with a new number, i want to keep my old number but it won’t let me on the “keep my number” due to a pac code but i’ve always been o2 and i’m not switching to another network i just want to keep my pay as you go number how can i do this?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@gracestiles 

Just call customer service to migrate your number Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
  • 93213 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6969 Solutions

O2Stacey
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 179 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 11 Solutions

Hi @gracestiles 

If you follow this link and fill in the form under the heading switching your number from Pay as you go to Pay monthly https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/how-to-keep-your-mobile-number

When you select the keeping my number form it does say If you're on Pay As You Go, you'll skip the security details page and be taken to the additional information page automatically.

Hope this helps

Stacey slight_smile

signature
Message 4 of 6

gracestiles
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
i would but i’m paying for unlimited data on the new sim and don’t want to waste!
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144285 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions

@gracestiles 

If you call to migrate your number as I advised you will retain your data allowance.

Only the number will transfer.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6