cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

interntional or not????

Anonymous
Not applicable

My partner used an app to sent anonymous texts to me. I replied and sent quite a few. When I got my bill fro 02 it was really higher than normal, I rang 02 who told me their where international charges on my phone, I paniced thinking someone had hijacked my phone and asked for my number to be changed, I was charged £35. My partner came clean and told me it was an app from google play called anonymous text by bgeek. Their app states the texts are charged at standard text or free if on a plan (which I was).

I chatted with an o2 guru and explained the texts should be included in my unlimited plan as they were standard. 02 said they would investigate t and I should wait for a reply. Two months elapsed with no reply. So I have chatted again and no one as looked into my charges or investigated. What am I supposed to do as the app is saying they are standard texts and 02 are saying they are international. Can I also point out that when the prank was happening and me and my partner where texting each other, we were actually inthe same house. So Why are 02 saying they are international? Any insightnor help would be greatly appreciated

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont want 02 to refund just on the strength that I feel hard done by, I merely want answers on the strength that the company have emailed me saying they cannot understand why 02 have charged as international texts when they arent.

I also think you are missing the point, I merely replied to an unknown number and each text as been charged as an international text, I wasnt niave when I replied as the person who sent me the texts I was under the impression I knew and they wouldnt have been abroad.  Because I dont know the ins and out doesnt mean I have to accept I am being charged, I merely asked 02 for help in understanding and it was them that said they would investigate. So I wait and nothing is done

Message 11 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As I asked in my first reply have you actually spoken (not used live chat) to o2 and clarifyd what the charges are.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I say I feel I have been treated unfairly is because two months ago I queried this and painstakingly got all the emails of the app. 02 said they would look into it and email the outcome. Two months have gone and no repy, so today I chat to a guru to ask can they telll me the outcome to be told no one as actually looked into it. I dont know about you but I expect better customer service than that

Message 13 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, Yes I have used live chat (guru) twice. When it initially occured two months ago and again today

Message 14 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Do as Adam suggests and speak to someone in customer service. You will get nowhere using live chat for this issue.

Message 15 of 18

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

If after you actually speak to o2 you still do not get a response then raise a formal complaint follow the links in @jonsie signature.

Live chat are not a reliable way to resolve many complicated issues but ok for very basic issues.

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 16 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When I say I feel I have been treated unfairly is because two months ago I queried this and painstakingly got all the emails of the app. 02 said they would look into it and email the outcome. Two months have gone and no repy, so today I chat to a guru to ask can they telll me the outcome to be told no one as actually looked into it. I dont know about you but I expect better customer service than that

Not getting good customer service isn't a reason for a refund or for getting out of your contract. You replied to what you admit yourself were unknown numbers. O2 isn't responsible for that. You can call and make a formal complaint, but ultimately you're going to have to pay the charges.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 17 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can lead a horse to water !

Let's hope the OP follows the advice given.
Message 18 of 18