cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting a phone working after it has been blocked

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anybody give me advice on how to get my phone sorted out I lost it and reported it to 02 and have been waiting 12 days for 02 to get me startd back up again they dont understand that my phone is not working

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anybody give me advice on how to get my phone sorted out I lost it and reported it to 02 and have been waiting 12 days for 02 to get me startd back up again they don't understand that my phone is not working

I'm assuming your re located your phone after losing it ?

When you contacted them to report it lost they would have blocked the imei of your phone and also your sim card will have been blocked.

To get both un blocked go though the same sequence by telephoning Customer Services.

It may take 24 hours + to get all your services up and running again.

The usual remedy is to turn your phone off and back on periodically throughout the day.

Do not use Live Chat - They are fine for limited general enquiries. 

And cancel any insurance you may have put a claim in with.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143416 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Contact live chat at the bottom of the page.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can anybody give me advice on how to get my phone sorted out I lost it and reported it to 02 and have been waiting 12 days for 02 to get me startd back up again they don't understand that my phone is not working

I'm assuming your re located your phone after losing it ?

When you contacted them to report it lost they would have blocked the imei of your phone and also your sim card will have been blocked.

To get both un blocked go though the same sequence by telephoning Customer Services.

It may take 24 hours + to get all your services up and running again.

The usual remedy is to turn your phone off and back on periodically throughout the day.

Do not use Live Chat - They are fine for limited general enquiries. 

And cancel any insurance you may have put a claim in with.

Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Phone customer service whist there is still that option as it becomes a thing of the past soon. Then everyone will find out how good/bad/improved (or not) webchat will be.

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let's hope that training happened as I don't think it has as we were supposed to be told the results
Message 5 of 5