Did you mean: 

err_ssl_protocol_error

Bastien
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys,

I bought recently an Iphone 11 Pro Max. And I don't know if it's due to COVID-19 but I have never had internet on this phone and getting this message on Chrome Mobile.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I'm distraught and starting to get angry because I really need the internet like everyone else.

It's been now 1 ad a half week without internet....

Please let me know if you have any solution.

Many tanks, 

Take care guys !! wink

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Bastien 

Help here https://www.thesslstore.com/blog/fix-err-ssl-protocol-error/

The date and time on your phone may be wrong but other fixes mentioned too.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 15

Bastien
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you MI5 for the Quick answer.

I tried to change the date & time. I put first a random date like april 2016 10AM.

Reboot, and then put it back in Auto & reboot.

It still not working....

The rest of the solutions on your link is for Computer.

What else can I do ?

Many thanks

Message 3 of 15

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Bastien 

Does data work otherwise?

What about Safari, does that work?

If so I would delete Chrome and reinstall it.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 15

Bastien
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Nothing works ! No iMusic, No safari... Nothing.

Sometimes randomly, I receive some notifications from news app or messenger. But I can't read or check it because the connection turn off instantly probably.
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Bastien 

It's not a chrome issue then.

Try resetting your network connection and make sure you have mobile data turned on and also on for all your apps.

Message 6 of 15

Bastien
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Everything Is turned ON.

I just reset at the moment my network settings.... I don't understand... And impossible to call them... Driving me crazy.

:'(
Message 7 of 15

Bastien
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Everything Is turned ON.

I just reset at the moment my network settings....

I don't understand... What's going on.
When I put my old sim card From GiffGaff which is the same provider... It's working fine.
Makes no sense.

And impossible to call them... Driving me crazy.

:'(
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 149586 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Bastien 

Must be an issue with your O2 account then, you'll need to call them Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 94089 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions