Did you mean: 

early termination fee

zams2001
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am still waiting for my final bill. My contract end date on 2/1/22 but left o2 on 21/12/21 using pac code. As far as I know I received a monthly email reminder that my bill is due £15.31 although got no access to view it. I paid my December bill £24.98 in full and can't still work out why additional £15.31 is due. Is this monthly amount which will be amended with final bill or is this the final bill? I have left O2 within last 30 days so still can't work out why I should be paying extra fee on top? Is this how its supposed to be?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@zams2001 

You pay one month in advance. If you have ended your contract  then O2 will finalise any amount owing (re usage) from the day you gave your PAC to another provider and your official contract end.  All info is in this guide Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@zams2001 

You pay one month in advance. If you have ended your contract  then O2 will finalise any amount owing (re usage) from the day you gave your PAC to another provider and your official contract end.  All info is in this guide Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10672 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @zams2001 

Welcome to the community. 

We don't have access to accounts so you would need to contact O2 customer services. 

There will be delays due to the Christmas break and New Year break and now regrettably covid omicron, staff shortage. 

The only advice I  can give you is keep up your payment to o2, the last thing you need is a row with them and a blot on your status however unjustified,  it will always be sorted in time  keep asking.  You can contact o2 here, good luck and best wishes 

Social Media Teams will be on hand just
send them a message
https://o2uk.co/O2CFB
https://o2uk.co/O2CTW
https://o2uk.co/O2CIG
O2 Facebook
O2 Twitter
O2 Instagram

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 13

zams2001
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Regarding early termination charge, is it pro rata or they have to charge whole month even though I left middle of the month?

Message 4 of 13

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@zams2001 

Once the contract minimum term has been reached, you pay by the day.

So if you were 20 days into the next month you only pay for 20 days use.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 13

zams2001
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry I meant... For example if I have 20 days left till contract ends and I used pac code to leave O2, can O2 charge me termination fee for whole month or is it just for 20 days?

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Just until the end of your minimum term @zams2001 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

zams2001
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

In the future I will not be joining O2 anymore and here is the reason:

Sorry to say this but O2 is unprofessional when it comes to final bill and some of the customer service operators have no clue how early termination fee works out. My monthly bill is £24.98 and I left O2 12 days early and they charged me £20.82 (vat deducted). So if you were to add vat then it comes £24.98 This shows that they charged me one month early termination fee. I haven't received any full bills through the email address apart from summary or through the post as everything was verbal. I requested the bill to be posted out and still haven't received it. First operator I spoke to regarding final bill, she said it's accurate and demanded me to pay and later she cut me off and did not give me time to explain. Second operator knew O2 was to blame so he waived early termination fee. After few days I received text and emails demanding for payment otherwise O2 would add £6 fee to my next bill. Called up O2 again regarding the text and email, I won't be charged apparently. Called up O2 again couple of days later to see if account balance gone down to zero, she demanded payment of £2.56. I explained again from beginning to end, she read the notes and applied credit and requested final bill. Today I received an email with final bill summary which is £0.00

I can't believe that I had to explain to them several times that I paid my December bill in full and there shouldn't be any early termination charges and even if they applied credit for last 12 days (from December bill) and then apply early termination fee for 12 days then I should be in credit for few pence (4% vat deducted) so I couldn't understand why they keep asking for payment. Also I had zero spend cap on it so I can't make calls/text outside the allowance anyway.

Bye bye O2, thanks for your custom... I wonder how many people are falling into same trap and not knowing anything about final bill.

Message 8 of 13

Copykats1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I didn’t even know I was in a contract! I was invited to upgrade from my payg to monthly direct debit. The data is so bad in my area… & I need unlimited to mean unlimited…. Text for my pac, & now I owe them over £250.00 early termination fee.

I’m paying them for a service. I’m contracting them. I’m not in a contract…. If so, then I want paying…. What a cheek.

so they don’t mind keeping hold of unhappy customers…. Jokers.

Message 9 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Copykats1 

No offence but you got will have got a contract by email stating you will be tied to a contract, it isn't o2's fault you failed to read the terms and conditions, or understand what you where signing up for... 

Unfortunately you will need to pay the termination fees, as per the contract you signed, and supposedly read, and understood. 

Also is the data is so bad, why did you sign a contract?? the mind boggles

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 13