cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data allowance

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am spending ridiculous amounts of money on data bolt ons pls could you tell me if there's a tariff I can change to with uunlimited data as it has to be cheaper than what I doing at the minuete .
Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

You'll have to use speed to refresh to move to an 8Gb 4G contract if you want to switch immediately.

Speed to Refresh

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
There is no unlimited data, but you can get 8Gb on a 4G tariff (you don't have to use it on 4G).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
8gb is the max on any O2 tarriff at the moment how much do you use?
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and welcome to the community.

Depending on your usage you can get a bolt on with 1gb, 5gb and 8gb I believe. As MI5 has stated these are 4g bolt ons although they can be used on 3g and 2g as well.

How much data do you use each month typically?
Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

If your on Payg then your pretty much stuck on 1gb max.

Top Tip : Use home wifi and shop wifi when and where accessible.

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using prob around 5 to 6g . But its not giving me any options to add any more than 1g and cos I've used so much this time its not giving me the option to add any more at all now . I'm on monthly contract
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions

You'll have to use speed to refresh to move to an 8Gb 4G contract if you want to switch immediately.

Speed to Refresh

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thankyou for your help
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144755 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27734 Solutions
Good luck....

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9