cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong type of SIM?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I ordered a pay as you go Micro-SIM for my Iphone 4s over the phone, got it and tried to register a debit card to it, via the Iphone itself, but was told I could not.  So I went online and again, after considerable messing around was told "This is not an O2 prepay number, please check and re-enter." 

So I finally got through to somebody in customer services, at my own expense I might add, who tells me that the SIM card they have sent me will only work in an I-Pad, not an I-Phone. Fantastic.

I have registered the SIM to the phone, it can receive calls, no problem, so why won't you let me register a card to it?  Don't you want my money?  I now have to wait until you send me the card I actually asked for in the first place, and go through the whole palaver again, which is a right pain in the jacksie TBH. 

Have you never heard the saying" First impressions count"?  You are over-complicating things by having specific sim cards for specific tariffs.  The system could and should be more flexible and I disbelieve any technical  mumbo jumbo stating the opposite.

If my second-hand Iphone was unlocked, I would DEFINITELY go elsewhere after this very messy registration process.  In fact, I may still.

-

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Sorry to hear about your recent experiences.

You could pop into an o2 store who will provide a blank micro sim and move your tariff and number across for you in the shop.

Their are specific iPad SIM cards and it seems a human error has happened in sending you the wrong one.

Their is an online live chat facility for future reference that can be used to communicate with o2 and are on for low level general enquiries.

The link is in the contact us at the bottom of the forum page.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

Sorry to hear about your recent experiences.

You could pop into an o2 store who will provide a blank micro sim and move your tariff and number across for you in the shop.

Their are specific iPad SIM cards and it seems a human error has happened in sending you the wrong one.

Their is an online live chat facility for future reference that can be used to communicate with o2 and are on for low level general enquiries.

The link is in the contact us at the bottom of the forum page.
Message 2 of 2