1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@CJME 

On a rolling plan you are forced to renew every month as a continuous payment authority is set up and payments are taken automatically from your registered card.

Big bundles give you the option to top up monthly by various means but you are not forced to, so you can take a break from topping up if you're not using the phone. Of course, you only get allowances if you do top up though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23174 Posts
  • 1027 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@CJME What is the exact point in you asking the same question in a new thread?

Re: Difference between "Rolling Plan" & "Big Bundl... - O2 Community

Call customer service if you're not satisfied with the answers you're getting here.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144780 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27735 Solutions

@CJME 

On a rolling plan you are forced to renew every month as a continuous payment authority is set up and payments are taken automatically from your registered card.

Big bundles give you the option to top up monthly by various means but you are not forced to, so you can take a break from topping up if you're not using the phone. Of course, you only get allowances if you do top up though.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

CJME
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5thanks, why didn't they just write that

Message 4 of 7

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

CJME
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsiemore expensive & less features tho

Message 6 of 7

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6114 Posts
  • 105 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@CJME 

I believe that O2's guidance on Big Bundles is somewhat misleading as it does not address another scenario. 

Big Bundles renew monthly using your PAYG credit. Hence, whilst Big bundles "...give you the option to top up monthly...", they renew as long as you have got sufficient credit on your account. A monthly top up is unnecessary. I have a Big Bundle that I top up with £60 every six months and that renews each month by deducting £10 from my credit.    

Message 7 of 7