cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Allowance Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I use my phone for internet every day at work for about half ann hour, not long after going on I get a msg saying you have used £1 of your web allowance (or something similar to this) and tells me allowance for today runs out at midnight, also get message saying to add a bolt on I think it is - I'm not too up on all this terminology or what it means so what I am saying is probably not verbatim the messages I am getting.

I'm on pay and go go go and wondering how to understand 1) how to check how much MB I have per day and how much I am using per day, is there anywhere to view this? I have HTC Desire S phone.

My allowance is £24 but it doesn't break down by text/web allowance

Thanks

Andrew

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

That's web daily which is 50mb per day.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...

When you've used up your payg data allowance this kicks in unless you add a bolt on or just use wifi until your next allowance refresh date.

Your allowances can be viewed via your myo2 app or by using the link at the top of this forum.

Edit : spelling.

Turn mobile data off in your phones settings to stop web daily kicking in and use wifi or add a bolt on or until your allowances refresh.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

That's web daily which is 50mb per day.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/pay-and-go-web-daily-web-daily-bolt-on-monthy-web-bolt...

When you've used up your payg data allowance this kicks in unless you add a bolt on or just use wifi until your next allowance refresh date.

Your allowances can be viewed via your myo2 app or by using the link at the top of this forum.

Edit : spelling.

Turn mobile data off in your phones settings to stop web daily kicking in and use wifi or add a bolt on or until your allowances refresh.
Message 2 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If you use data daily and cannot use free WiFi you would be better changing your tariff to one that includes data.
Look at the new big bundles which start from £10 a month.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You can use as little or as much mb of your data allowance per day as you want. Take into account some apps on smartphones use data in the background to update and catch location data.

Some phones have data counters within them or look at to see what app is using how much data.

How much data allowance do you get.

I'm not seeing a payg go of tariff for £24.
Message 4 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Big bundle tariffs here
http://www.o2.co.uk/tariffs/payandgo
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thanks for all replies I'll have a look at those links for tariffs.

I didn't really try and play about with settings too much regarding wifi, I just go to settings and connect to internet when I want to go on, then disconnect when finished. Am I right in saying that this way can use a lot more of my allowance - obviously using a free wifi it would but not sure if there is that around my work.

Andrew

Message 6 of 12

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
It will cost £1 a day if you keep mobile data switched on whether you use the internet or not.
Apps are continually connecting in the background and updating.
Best option is just to use wifi or get a data bolt
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes it will cost much more.
£1 per day or £10 per month wink

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome.

If you get stuck and you have a local O2 high street shop then an in store guru may help you with the phone and tariffs.
Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the exact message I get after only being on net for a few mins:

"O2: You've used £1 worth of data on your phone today, but you won't be charged for any more. Your web daily allowance of 50MB runs out at midnight."

Sometimes msg is similar but asks me to also buy more or bolt on.

Never used to get this so just wondered what had changed. I'll try and have a word with someone in o2 store.

Andrew

Message 10 of 12