Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent Help: Default on Credit Score

LaurenBarry
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I know there's been several posts on the forum regarding this but am desperate for help so wanted to see if ANYONE could help me. 

I am in the process of buying a new house and having checked my credit score online, I was horrified to see that I have been incorrectly given a black mark on my account from an o2 contract which was taken out in April 2016.

I have been a loyal o2 business customer for almost 10 years and when my contract was due for renewal last year, I was told I could no longer renew my account so I had to take an o2 consumer contract. I did this but immediately cancelled and returned the phone to 02 as this original information had been given to me in error and o2 advised that I could indeed continue with my business contract.

The o2 consumer contract was cancelled and the handset returned to o2 within a few days (well before the limit) – all of which is detailed on the system. I spoke to o2 several times and was advised that an outstanding payment on the contract would be credited back to £0 and the matter was closed. The whole time I also had my o2 business contract in place which has always been paid in full every month.

I have just spoken with the o2 consumer contracts team who said the outstanding payment was still incorrectly showing on my account, hence why I was given a default on my account. They confirmed that this was a system error on o2’s part and that my account has now been credited to show that there is no outstanding amount. 

I have sent all of the above information to the creditfilereferrals@o2.com email but have received an automated message to say that it could take up to 10 days for them to get back to me. I am due to exchange contracts on our house and am worried sick that we might lose the house unless its fixed - does anyone have ANY experience on what I can do to get this put through as a matter of urgency?

I've seen messages on here stating that it can take months to get a response but I'm at risk of losing my home if this is not sorted ASAP! 😞 

Any help would be really appreciated

Thanks

Lauren 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Well most of the complaint processes take around 10 working days so you really need a letter of fact from O2. To try and speed things along I would suggest go ogling CEO O2 and email his office with a contact number.

Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
You can add a notice of correction to your credit report and include any written correspondence you have from O2 to back up the error.
Lenders should take this into consideration when assessing your suitability for a loan.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 15

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
O2 seem to be good at this, im shocked that you were not sent a defailt notice. As if you had been, you could have sorted this months ago.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 15

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
O2 seem to be good at this, im shocked that you were not sent a defailt notice. As if you had been, you could have sorted this months ago.

And therein lies the problem. O2 say they do, we know they don't. You will get a message about a missed or late payment but after that it's a rapid default and from there a collection agency. 

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Yeah, worryingly all too common.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

LaurenBarry
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is really frustrating - especially given that I was told it was all resolved and my account had been credited back in April!  

Will look into adding a notice of correction to the credit report. Thanks everyone for your responses, hoping some how I can get it resolved ASAP

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good luck and hope it gets resolved quickly for you.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Well someone not too long ago went to the National Press...It was sorted out pretty damn quick after that. At the very least it was information for the credit agencies to act on.

Message 9 of 15

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions