cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to upgrade my phone but i sold the phone i'd be upgrading. Will i still be able to upgrade?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You will still use the same sim but your tariff will change on it. You'll need a sim adapter or easier just to go in store to do it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi and Welcome.

Yes.

It matters not to o2 what you have done with your previous phone.

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

im trying to upgrade now and it says this.. 'To protect you from identity fraud, we will send a code to your mobile to verify that it's yours.' However i dont have my phone so im a bit stuck...

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You can go into an O2 shop or put your sim in another phone - I hope you still have your sim card?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

But you still have the contract sim card I assume.

Are you using it in another phone ?

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have the sim card but not a phone that it will go in as the iphone sim card is smaller than others.. I also dont want to use the sim card in my upgraded phone because im changing contracts.

Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
You will still use the same sim but your tariff will change on it. You'll need a sim adapter or easier just to go in store to do it.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Either do as MI5 says or pick up a free sim adapter you can put the sim in it so it can fit into your alternative phone.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok thank you. im not sure what a sim adapter is though...
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144821 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions
It converts your small sim into a bigger one to use in a phone that requires a bigger sim card.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12