cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade in a middle of the month

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys,

I am leaving abroad by the end of the month and wanted to cancel my 12 months agreement I've signed up at some point in July. Crazy thing happend as I was unable to cancel it straight away without paying extra fees but I was able to upgrade to 30 days contract (well played o2!) that I can cancel after it finishes (is that really true?)

So now I've received my confirmation of ordering 30 days 9£ plan and further steps are going to be mailed soon.

The questions are:

- I used to pay 20£ monthly and my period starts on 21 every month. Today is 7th. The question is - how the payments are going to be handled? And what will happen with my allowances that are obviously going to change as Ive choosen the cheapest 30 days plan just in case.

- Will the period be the same? If yes - it means that I should give my cancellation notice at anypoint before 21 of this month? Or it's different with monthly contracts?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If your little trick does work out just give notice as soon as you activate the new tariff ie at the start of your next billing cycle.
Your allowances should stay the same for this month and drop to the new allowances next month (after the 21st).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
If your little trick does work out just give notice as soon as you activate the new tariff ie at the start of your next billing cycle.
Your allowances should stay the same for this month and drop to the new allowances next month (after the 21st).
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

thanks for the answers! Just to update you, I've been switched to new allowances straight away. The period stayed the same, so I will just cancel my contract today.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Well done slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey,

thanks for the answers! Just to update you, I've been switched to new allowances straight away. The period stayed the same, so I will just cancel my contract today.

Awesome. 😄

Thats good news for you. 

Thank you for your update. 

Message 6 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey,

I think O2 advisors must at last, be recovering from the onslaught of new flagship phones...and can now get back to providing some sort of normal service.....Well done and thanks for letting us know...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 7