Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Questions

JayF883
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm on a SIM only plan at the moment, my contract doesn't actually run out until later this year however I have a handset upgrade available to me as of today.

As everyone knows, the deals you can get on third party websites such as Carphone, Mobiles.co.uk etc are much much better.

Is there any way for me to upgrade using these better deals?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JayF883
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just to let everyone know if ever it's a common question. I spoke with live chat and it absolutely is ok to do so, I was told to simply order the deal and call them when i've recieved my handset/number and they will transfer my existing number over which will cancel my existing contract. 

JAY: Well that still makes the deal I've found cheaper unfortunately
JAY: Would I be able to upgrade using this deal on this other website?
NILESH: May I know the deal which you've found is from which website?
JAY: Of course!
NILESH: Great so yes you can certainly upgrade on the O2 network from the third party website's and later on once you receive your new device along with the new number, you can then simply contact us and we can arrange to transfer your existing O2 number over the new contract and with that your existing contract will be then automatically cancelled.
JAY: That's great
JAY: I'll go ahead and order that now then.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Unfortunately not if this is your first contract, you need to upgrade through o2 . Give them a call. After your first full contract has finished you are free to upgrade through whoever choose so it may be worth thinking about finishing this sim contract first?

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@JayF883 Also be aware that when you are eligible to upgrade, the deals offered from CPW et al are all 24 month contracts, and you cannot get a Refresh contract anywhere else other than through O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

JayF883
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just to let everyone know if ever it's a common question. I spoke with live chat and it absolutely is ok to do so, I was told to simply order the deal and call them when i've recieved my handset/number and they will transfer my existing number over which will cancel my existing contract. 

JAY: Well that still makes the deal I've found cheaper unfortunately
JAY: Would I be able to upgrade using this deal on this other website?
NILESH: May I know the deal which you've found is from which website?
JAY: Of course!
NILESH: Great so yes you can certainly upgrade on the O2 network from the third party website's and later on once you receive your new device along with the new number, you can then simply contact us and we can arrange to transfer your existing O2 number over the new contract and with that your existing contract will be then automatically cancelled.
JAY: That's great
JAY: I'll go ahead and order that now then.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 143436 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks for the confirmation of that.
I had always thought that possible but good to have it confirmed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JayF883I have just looked at the S9+ deals on that website.

I can't understand why they are offering the 30GB and 20Gb plan for exactly the same price?

S9 deals.JPG

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 143436 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 give more commission on the higher data tariffs so if they make a lesser deal the same price everyone will go for the higher data tariff and CPW will get more commission wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

JayF883
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff I found the exact same situation on my 8+ order, not complaining. Free 10GB haha!

Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122363 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5wrote:
O2 give more commission on the higher data tariffs so if they make a lesser deal the same price everyone will go for the higher data tariff and CPW will get more commission wink

I learn something new on a daily basis....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9