cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited WiFi question

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on the old Talk anytime tariff which is fine but I dont like paying for each text I send, so I was thinking of changing to Pay and go go go.

at present I top up £10 each month and I buy a bolt on for my data (£6) which still gives me 50 free min and £4 left over as credit.

I notice that the bolt on includes unlimited WiFi...so My question is would I get the same if I switched to Go Go Go and payed £10 a month (and cancelled the bolt on).  would it be a better deal for me?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

That tariff would be better for you but the difference would be that you don't keep any of the credit, the £10 is taken each month. You do benefit from increased allowances though after qualifying periods of time ie. after 3/6/9 months. Wifi allowance would be the same so in all probability it would be ideal for you.

You might want to think about changing to Text & Web which is the tariff I use on a backup phone as I don't need the minutes. The benefit for me is that you keep the £10 as credit for minutes usage so it would only be beneficial if you don't make many calls.

Text and Web

Benefits

Anytime text to UK mobiles and Internet in UK.

Top up £10 - 14 to get 300 UK texts and 500MB UK Internet.

Top up £15 - £29 to get 500 UK texts, Unlimited Wi-Fi and 500MB UK Internet.

Top up £30 or more to get unlimited UK Texts and 500MB UK Internet.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93246 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

That tariff would be better for you but the difference would be that you don't keep any of the credit, the £10 is taken each month. You do benefit from increased allowances though after qualifying periods of time ie. after 3/6/9 months. Wifi allowance would be the same so in all probability it would be ideal for you.

You might want to think about changing to Text & Web which is the tariff I use on a backup phone as I don't need the minutes. The benefit for me is that you keep the £10 as credit for minutes usage so it would only be beneficial if you don't make many calls.

Text and Web

Benefits

Anytime text to UK mobiles and Internet in UK.

Top up £10 - 14 to get 300 UK texts and 500MB UK Internet.

Top up £15 - £29 to get 500 UK texts, Unlimited Wi-Fi and 500MB UK Internet.

Top up £30 or more to get unlimited UK Texts and 500MB UK Internet.

Message 2 of 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

O2 Wi-Fi is now free to everyone so don't worry too much:

https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/my

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 3