cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to roam

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm currently in the USA and before I left o2 activated roaming. However now I am here it doesn't seem to work. I am using a Blackberry Bold 9900 and data services are set to on; (off whilst roaming) with the network selection being automatic. I've tried removing battery and sim card, and reinserting, changing the network selection to manual. The phone seems to detect either T-Mobile or AT&T, however can't enable me to connect to the network properly and for a while says "Searching for network" and always results in "SOS" where the signal strength icon would be.

I'm pretty frustrated particularly with o2 telling me to go to an American mobile phone shop to "see if they can help"; and feel short changed that I can't use my mobile abroad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Have you set the data roaming to on? A reboot might help after that.

Also, check that your phone is in 3G/2G mode as it may be that the phone is set to 2G and the networks might not be working on 2G. Settings in the same location.

The only other thing that would stop it is if you did not have international roaming enabled on your account. That would be an o2 thing to activate and may not have taken place in time. BTW, is this PAYG or contract?

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 confirmed that roaming is active. I've tried changing settings and rebooting. O2 think it is the Sim card because it is a few years old.

Message 3 of 3