cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UNWANTED UNUSED SIM NOW OUT OF CONTRACT BUT STILL PAYING FOR IT, O2 MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL.

Aarg-1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really hoping that someone can help or has good advice. Like many others I was sold a non optional O2 SIM card as part of a Virgin Media package. This is really awful aggressive marketing practice and I would never agree to this again. But I agreed to get my Virgin Media package at a reasonable cost. The SIM, charged at £8 per month, separate to the Virgin Media package, has never been activated or used. It is now out of contract so I can cancel. Except I can't. Please note that I do have a separate O2 SIM only contract (was transferred from Virgin) which I use. The other, unwanted SIM does not appear when I log into my account, but it is charged every month to my bank account. I have spent many, many hours getting through to Virgin (the originator of the sale), who put me through to O2, who have cut me off, and on another occasion said that they can see the SIM but they can't deal with it because it is part of the 360 Department! They "connected" me to that Dept but I they don't answer. This lack of clarity, communication, and customer service is really terrible. What can I do? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Aarg-1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. I do have all of my Virgin paperwork but in fact there is no reference to the O2 SIM which was sold as past of that contract. It is also charged separately and always has been. However Virgin were my first point of contact because they were the seller. The first time they (very encouragingly) said that they could help but then passed my call to O2 with no warning and I was cut off before the call was answered. The second time I contacted Virgin, again they passed me to O2 and we can see where that got me. 

My direct debit does have a bank reference number. I tried to discuss that with O2 today but they said that they would need the contract number linked to the DD, not the reference number.

Message 11 of 12

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12154 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1129 Solutions

I... don't know what else to suggest then @Aarg-1 

If you don't have anything from o2 about it, and the sim is no longer with you, then you seem to be stuck.

Try calling customer services at 8am, or go back to VM as they sold you the sim in the first place (wanted or not).

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 12