Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to get O2 to sell me the 5g unlimited data plan

mark2410
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

O2 offer a 5g unlimited data plan, its £40 a month but the default way to get it is by buying a new phone and enterening a term lungth contract.  I want neither, so is there any way to get O2 to let me pay them more each month and get the unlimited 5g data plan from them???

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions
@mark2410 You could call customer service and say you're thinking of leaving to see what they'd offer, but as 5G is so new, it's doubtful you'd get anything other than the tariffs they have at the moment.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

There are a few hurdles to overcome.

1. Do you live or work in a 5G area?
2. Do you have an o2 5G handset - provided by o2 (unless on Sim Only)
3. When did you last upgrade change tariff was it in the last 3mths or so.
4. You need a 5G sim, which can only be provided if you match the above criteria.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

mark2410
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

well thats what annoys me, its a plan they do offer, with a new handset i just dont want to buy another handset,i err have several.

Message 4 of 5

mark2410
  • 5 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

well thanks for assuming im a morron, 1 yes which is why i want it, i am about 15m from their 5g mast.  2  i have a handset from o2 though its not the one i want to use, i have another unlocked 5g handset i wish to use. 3 never, my O2 gleefully tells me i can upgrade today.  4 yeah i know i need a sim with 5g enabled which is what im trynig to get o2 to let me buy.

but why the first 3 matter is bull poo.  if im in a 5g area is my problem, in what way does it stop them selling me the plan if i am or not? 2 if i have a compatible handset or not, again what should o2 care so long as i pay them?  3 again, even if was in a contract i want to more to a more expensive plan so why should they refuse to let me give them more money? 

Message 5 of 5