cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts from abroad

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi - what is the cheapest way to send texts from abroad to uk? I am currently on the 4-1 text allowance which allows free texts from abroad but one text takes 4 texts from a 500 per month allowance. I want to change tariffs to an unlimited txt allowance but know this will mean losing the 4-1 option. I am abroad for around 3 months of the year.
If anybody has any advice on cheapest way to txt from abroad this will be much appreciated! I am on monthly contract and have an iPhone.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you install the Tu Go app it will allow you to make calls and send texts using your existing allowance when you are using a WiFi network abroad. Take a look at the Tu Go section in the forum.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

If you install the Tu Go app it will allow you to make calls and send texts using your existing allowance when you are using a WiFi network abroad. Take a look at the Tu Go section in the forum.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anoher free option would be Whatapp which uses free texts over wifi. However your contact would also need access to Whatsapp. All my family use it.I do have the 4:1 free texts on my allowance but there are no like for like schemes on present O2 tariff.

Message 3 of 3