cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tablet roaming

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi folks,

Due to O2's new terms and conditions I am now unable to roam on my Samsung tablet, what's your views on this, is this a breach of contract?

It's ok if you can use a phone and roam at no extra cost but tablets are excluded!

Any suggestions folks?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Data only sims have never been able to roam, although some could by mistake, so although I don't agree with it there is no breach of contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Data only sims have never been able to roam, although some could by mistake, so although I don't agree with it there is no breach of contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 13

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey thanks for the feedback guys, feel free to post more if you have more feedback on roaming or anything else  - we can pass it along to O2. slight_smile 

@Anonymous welcome back to the forum! Nice to see you posting. slight_smile Which country were you roaming in before?

Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Ireland I was roaming before last summer, but now it's not working, was buying data bolt ons as well last year without any problem, like why buy a nearly £500 cellular/wifi tablet when one can't roam with it?

Message 4 of 13

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

As I have said before, legally their backsides are covered but I find it morally wrong to dictate usage under the new legislation. Mind you, data throttling means you couldn't use it anyway but that's covered elsewhere! 

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

In Ireland I was roaming before last summer, but now it's not working, was buying data bolt ons as well last year without any problem, like why buy a nearly £500 cellular/wifi tablet when one can't roam with it?

For the same reason as they sell voice capable tablets without a voice contract.

Why anyone would buy from O2 is beyond me!

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

The big problem is that customers buy and are then unaware, sometimes months down the line, that it can't be used roaming. As ever, way too late then...... 

Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Of course and it's not even logical !

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

In my case I found out 18 months down the line from date of purchase Grandoise, as I stated O2 drew up new terms and conditions two months ago. I was able to roam on my tablet in all that time! 

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5, Why would I not buy from O2? I am with them since they were called Cellnet, and I got a good deal on my tablet. Nothing wrong with O2.

Message 10 of 13