cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching to Pay as you go

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

My contract is coming to an end on 7th December after 12 months. I don't have the same requirement for a phone and would like to switch to Pay as you go to keep my number. Can someone tell me how I do this? Do I need a SIM change? Can I do this online or over the phone or do I absolutely have to go into a shop?

Is any notice reuqired that I do not want to continue on Bill pay or can I just swap on the day I am no longer in contract, 7th Dec

thanks!

rejoyce

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Just use "Contact us" at the bottom of the page and give 30 days notice and tell them you want to move to Pay and Go.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

This does not seem to be correct information. I chatted with an advisor and he said that I just need a PAYG SIM and I could contact them at the end of my contract and the switch would take 24hours. I asked if any notice was required and he said "No". I took a transcript of the chat.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
30 data notice is if your ending your contract I believe.

When your close to the contract ending I would go into your local 02 shop and
Pick up a payg sim and ask them to perform the sim swap for you.

They will need to amend your details and speak to you about their available payg tariffs.
Message 4 of 4