Did you mean: 

Switch Up - Question

Shergar
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

Ive searched but can’t seem to find an answer. I have switch up on my new IPhone 14 Pro max but am now wondering if I have made a mistake re setting up the contract. I didn’t want 36/48 month contract so I paid a £500 upfront payment to reduce contract to 24 months.

So my question re switch up is it states it pays your contract up so you can upgrade but does it recognise you have paid a bigger deposit? Eg. Putting your account into credit or just paying off your outstanding? If the later I’m guessing there is no point whatsoever of paying additional deposit if you intend to upgrade every year?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Shergar 

No it doesn't, and you don't get the upfront payment back , all it does is pay off any outstanding balance on your credit agreement. 

If you are wanting to make use of switch up there is no point in paying a  bigger deposit at all...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38835 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

Sounds like you need to talk to someone in O2 about that particular topic - Switch Up should only have gone to 36months on Refresh, and any upfront payment and overpayment for the phone would reduce the monthly Device Plan payments until you Switch Up to a new phone, when it all starts over.

Reach out to O2 via Social Media, links below, with your question to be sure, @Shergar - and good luck!

Message 2 of 5

Shergar
Level 3: Thinker
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your response so quickly…. I will try what you suggest and hope that this isn’t a hidden downside as am sure there will be lots of people in same position👍

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11640 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3164 Solutions

@Shergar 

No it doesn't, and you don't get the upfront payment back , all it does is pay off any outstanding balance on your credit agreement. 

If you are wanting to make use of switch up there is no point in paying a  bigger deposit at all...

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 5

Shergar
  • 27 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for reply. Really disappointing this is not made clear upfront. So with switch up its really as simple as take longest term possible and lowest deposit possible and change your phone every year (or sooner) as no incentive to do any thing else! 

Message 5 of 5