Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So, as you all know switch up is all live I so want to upgrade to iphone 14

NOVATROOP77NI
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So I only joined again after many years away from o2 was on gifgaff  ten pound a month but my iphone 11 failed on me and needed a phone fast so went contract.

But then this new switchup service sounded like in tv adds that it worked for all customers not excluding existing customers, but when you get down to the fine print in the text and check you add ons low and behold you cannot add switch up.

I have £530 left on the Iphone 13 handset tariff on my new o2 contract before I could upgrade might still make logical since for me to just pay it off so would only have the airtime bill and get my handset direct from Apple.

Question if u pay your handset off can you sell it i mean is there a chance if your late on a bill that o2 could block the handset on the new owner?. If your hand set bill is paid off.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144610 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@NOVATROOP77NI 

You need to take a new airtime plan as well but your old one is cancelled when you upgrade.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144610 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@NOVATROOP77NI 

Once you pay off the device plan it is free of any obligations to O2 and you can do what you want with it.

It would not be barred by O2 as you own it outright.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

NOVATROOP77NI
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Why did o2 leave out existing customers from switch up dont seem much point in it @MI5 

Message 3 of 5

NOVATROOP77NI
Level 3: Thinker
  • 50 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

So If I go for the Iphone 14 how does that work can I just buy the device with them on refresh and use out my reminder contract @MI5  of airtime

Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 144610 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27728 Solutions

@NOVATROOP77NI 

You need to take a new airtime plan as well but your old one is cancelled when you upgrade.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5